What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking a break for first time tonight.

Yum!

How are the hops on that one. I have three in the cellar but not sure how long to give them since its a robust porter.

Its coming our way! !! Only freezing rain so far :) have fun in the winter wonderland

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I heard KC got pretty bad with that ice. Driving your way today!

You have really long hair :D

Thank you. Im going for that 70's rockstar look, girly. ;)

Water, lots of water. I stopped drinking jack and cokes plus red bull vodkas 6 hours ago.

I imagine it's a fun time for sure, but I unfortunately have to do most things alone so the idea of going there alone and camping sucks. I'd probably do okay and have fun, but getting there ...

I'm brewing today and I plan to use my tap water. I've used half tap before with extract that was boiled so I'm testing the waters, pun intended, to see if it's good for brewing. I need to get a water profile report. I've been very indecisive about it but I'm going to go for it. I also hope I can get this stupid wort chiller finished.

I do think that it would be a fun time.... Think of the empties that would be in the dumpster in the morning. I think it might be similar to the line for the NHC grand banquet. Bottles moving sound the group of their own accord.

I imagine it's a fun time for sure, but I unfortunately have to do most things alone so the idea of going there alone and camping sucks. I'd probably do okay and have fun, but getting there ...

I'm brewing today and I plan to use my tap water. I've used half tap before with extract that was boiled so I'm testing the waters, pun intended, to see if it's good for brewing. I need to get a water profile report. I've been very indecisive about it but I'm going to go for it. I also hope I can get this stupid wort chiller finished.

I don't think I'd go for the regular release as it's available all over the place, but I went for BASC and had a great time. Met some nice folks and the bottle share is epic.

On a side note, the more stuff you do alone, the more likely you are to meet someone to do stuff with. ;)

Ugh, I need a beer. Have to go to a funeral this afternoon and the only thing worse than a sober funeral is a wedding without a bar.

Water. This is why I can't justify chasing down beer releases. This is the line for Foothill's Sexual Chocolate this morning. People camped out. I just personally find that silly.
Not my pic, I stole it from Foothill's twitter.

Thats retarded. Most places around here including Founders, sell tix for releases, so its (still come early) but come inside, drink and you have a ticket for the released beer. Waaay better.

Few pics of the fire damage in the day light... Scary stuff... Adjuster comes Tuesday

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

1391274335874.jpg

1391274355950.jpg

1391274383207.jpg

1391274403871.jpg

1391274420133.jpg

Drinking my vanilla bean bourbon oak porter. I chilled the wrong beer but now I'm worried. This is a week after bottling with 3.5 ounces of priming sugar and sitting at 68 degrees. I meant to chill my honey orange hefe. Never been sad to open the wrong beer but I kind of am. I hope this porter is okay in terms of carbonation. I intentionally poured it fast but still. I was surprised.

Brew day seems to be going well. My pale ale is beautify light gold and smells yummy. It's also beautiful outside.

Few pics of the fire damage in the day light... Scary stuff... Adjuster comes Tuesday

Holy ****! Did you post what happened? This sucks man.

I don't think I'd go for the regular release as it's available all over the place, but I went for BASC and had a great time. Met some nice folks and the bottle share is epic.

On a side note, the more stuff you do alone, the more likely you are to meet someone to do stuff with. ;)

Ugh, I need a beer. Have to go to a funeral this afternoon and the only thing worse than a sober funeral is a wedding without a bar.

Well, without going into the pathetic details, I do pretty much everything alone. It's rare to see me with someone. It's gotten old, really. Meeting people isn't an issue. I know what the issue is but it takes time to change that. ;)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391275251.468038.jpg

Holy ****! Did you post what happened? This sucks man

My inlaws woodstove caught on fire... Almost took the house down

Wow, hope everyone's ok.

Speaking of inlaws, I'm drinking that yellow fuzzy water I mentioned earlier

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391276656.502690.jpg

Holy crap, dude. That sucks! At least you posted pictures of the damage, unlike a certain dude who said his stuff got damaged/stolen and jerked hospitable HBT members!

Wow, hope everyone's ok.

Speaking of inlaws, I'm drinking that yellow fuzzy water I mentioned earlier

Is that a 40 or do you have tiny hands? Haha.

Drinking some Ellicotville brewery chocolate cherry bomb stout after finishing moving two pods worth of stuff into swmbo's brother's house while she's out getting a massage. How did I get screwed on this deal? I had to bring my own good beer too!

Holy crap, dude. That sucks! At least you posted pictures of the damage, unlike a certain dude who said his stuff got damaged/stolen and jerked hospitable HBT members!

Hey, don't underestimate the emotional and financial damage of having non existent boilermakers and cases of Allagash fake stolen. ;)

Sent from the pit of despair...

How about naming your yeast "Allagash Stolen X" where "X" = a number.

I need another pour of beer. But my kid is asleep on me. First-world problems.

Shopping. Typical. At least the other kid is upstairs napping. I'm gonna get up and pour another beer anyway. F it.

Holy ****! Did you post what happened? This sucks man

My inlaws woodstove caught on fire... Almost took the house down

Good god. I'm glad everyone is okay.

Second pour of my vanilla bean bourbon porter. Boil is under way and it's started to rain. If the sky can hold up another hour or so, I'll be okay to chill my wort and rack to a carboy. I cannot carry this hot pot anywhere so I gotta roll with it. Empty stomach, no time to eat today so far. I assume I'll be drunk before 6.

Mint lemonade for lunch. Then the hardware store and tile store in prep for the bathroom remodel next weekend. Luckily there is a new tasting room a block from the the store.

Moving day. Almost over. Very glad we hired movers, but still have to go back to the old place and clean up and grab the cat once these guys are done.

Threw a couple HBs in the fridge for later tonight tho.

Forgot the Conan. :D

Thanks a ton, nuke. Yours are chilling as well. I'll crack one or all six open tonight. Thanks again. Enjoy that Supernaut! We are homers.

Alien Amber Ale. I'd never buy but it's a fine beer for free. :D Boil is almost done. I'm excited, this recipe of hops smells amazing.

Forgot the Conan. :D

Thanks a ton, nuke. Yours are chilling as well. I'll crack one or all six open tonight. Thanks again. Enjoy that Supernaut! We are homers.

You're very welcome! Good to meet you today. I will definitely enjoy the Supernaut along with everything else!

Finally drinking a beer. Been busy getting the house ready for Super Bowl tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391284022.946426.jpg
Had a few glass panels that needed to be shattered and done away with. So I did it the fun way. :DImageUploadedByHome Brew1391283976.729500.jpg

Sent from the pit of despair...

Back