How To Keg Home Brewed Beer With The Coors Light Home Draft System - Beer Review Dude

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrookeiv

Crafted Magazine
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just filmed a video on how to use the Coors Light or Miller Home Draft System for kegging your homebrew. Check it out and let me know what you think. It will be posted on my blog tomorrow or Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video.
16g CO2 carts need to be food safe. The ones you mention for bike tires, air soft, etc. can actually have lubricant inside them that can spray into your beer.

Nice video.
16g CO2 carts need to be food safe. The ones you mention for bike tires, air soft, etc. can actually have lubricant inside them that can spray into your beer.

Damn, forgot to add that. I will add it when I do the writeup on my blog.

Your videos were really my inspiration, by the way. I put them together in one quick video. Thanks for the ideas!

:mug:

Excellent video I posted a link to it over at the Mr beer forum as I think this would be perfect for tower guys.

Excellent video I posted a link to it over at the Mr beer forum as I think this would be perfect for tower guys.

Thanks man! Also, I added a note to the video description.

NOTE: One point I forgot to add in the video was that the CO2 cartidges you purchase must be food grade, and can not contain any sort of lubricant. If in doubt, contact the manufacturer of your CO2 cartidges and they will be able to advise you.

Think you could use NO2 carts in it for the Guiness effect?

I'm not sure. I know you can do it with the Tap-A-Draft system, but you have to use one CO2 and one NO2 cartridge. I would think you would have to put a CO2 cartridge in this first, let the beer absorb the CO2, then replace it with an NO2 cartridge for dispensing.

Makes sense. I'm thinking about giving this a try as I don't have the $$ to set up a kegging system at this point and my LHBS carries food grade cartridges Got a huge pale ale going now, planning RIS for the yeast cake next weekend but maybe a stout after that.

Grahambo said:
Makes sense. I'm thinking about giving this a try as I don't have the $$ to set up a kegging system at this point and my LHBS carries food grade cartridges Got a huge pale ale going now, planning RIS for the yeast cake next weekend but maybe a stout after that.

This should work great. If you want to be able to keg more beer, check out the Tap-A-Draft system, it allows you to keg 4.5 gallons with the number of bottles included.

Nice video.

Not sure where this came from but people have been trying to dispel this myth for many years. All the knowledgeable sources I've ever heard say that CO2 is CO2. Nothing is added to any type of CO2, including the small cartridges used for a variety of purposes.

I'd been wondering about the assembly on these kegs and wanted to try using one for homebrew but didn't want to waste the money just to find that like the Heinie kegs they couldn't be taken apart. Thanks for the video.

BTW - the crack head on you tube who posted all the BS about this dangerous and completely wrong methods is nuts. The only knit picky thing is if you aren't going to naturally carbonate but fill with already carbonated beer you would want to purge with CO2 before filling. When naturally carbonating as you were, the yeast will scavenge the O2 that gets introduced during filling.

Ok, so I'm curious about this method...

First, I would only "keg" one draft system worth of beer and bottle the rest. With that in mind, do I prime the full batch as usual, and then simply fill that sucker up then bottle the rest?

If so, how much room at the top of the plastic vessel do you leave? I'd hate to 'splode all that delicious beer due to overfilling. Thanks for the video!

Back