• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5 Gallon "pubkeg" (Sabco psuedo Sixel)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetSmooth

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon cornelius converted to standard Sankey fitting. This is known as a PubKeg and is excelent for homebrewers looking to serve on standard commercial fittings.

dsc_0081.jpg

dsc_0082.jpg

dsc_0083.jpg

This was a Craigslist find, but I never came up with something to do with it. There is OLD beer in here, and it was holding some pressure when I got it, so I don't doubt its ability to hold pressure.

Asking $45 for this unique keg.

How is this "excelent for homebrewers looking to serve on standard commercial fittings"?-- does the lid come off? it doesn't appear to have the normal swing arm. What's up with the posts?

It works just like a sanke keg, but has the footprint of a corny.

The posts were sealed and the top welded by Sabco so it would meet sanke standards.

You fill just like a sanke; remove the spear and valve to fill. It uses a sanke coupler, so you can take your homebrew places that don't have soda keg fittings.

I always thought this was lame and would be too difficult to clean until I met a brewer who uses only commercial (sankey) kegs. He seems to like it well enough to have used these for years.

I sold about 25 of these a year or two ago that I got from a local brewery that went under. They are convenient for those who have friends with standard setups. Allows you to have a keg on hand to take to a buddy's house without having to take the rest of your setup.

And I think it's lame to come into another guys classified and bad mouth it. If it's not for you, that's fine. You don't have to comment.

Thank you!

All I'm trying to do is pass of some surplus equipment to someone who wants and could use it.

Not interested in the opinions of someone who isn't.

I always thought this was lame and would be too difficult to clean until I met a brewer who uses only commercial (sankey) kegs. He seems to like it well enough to have used these for years.

No harder to clean than a carboy. I don't see people dumping all over those. ;)

I hope you didn't think I was. If so, please reread my comment. I was doing exactly the opposite.

I don't know if he was responding to you or the general practice of posting unrrelated material in a classified post. I got your point. :D Thanks for the support.

Filling and cleaning is exactly like a sanke keg. Remove the spring, pull out the spear.

Now, I don't use sanke kegs myself, so I can't give you full details on the cleaning regimen, but it should be similar to cleaning a carboy. For that, I fill with warm Oxyclean water and let sit overnight or a good few hours to loosen all the crud. Then drain and rinse about two times. I would also think a carboy or bottle washer would do well to clean the inside. Here's a simple one.

http://www.webboise.com/build-a-carboy-washer/

Bump!

This is still available. I had a guy locally interested and gave it to him to check out. He decided to go with standard corny fittings, so I'll be trading it back from him for a standard corny.

SECOND CHANCE!!

Back