recommend a recipe for a September wedding!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Actually, it won't be for the wedding itself. My best friend is getting married in September and the other groomsmen and myself have decided to brew a batch of beer to be imbibed at the rehearsal dinner, which will be an outdoor BBQ.

I have only made two batches of beer in my life (a chocolate stout from grains and a hefeweizen from extract), the most recent of which (hefe) was more than a year ago. I've made a fair amount of wine and mead, though. I have all of the equipment I need, anyway.

So, since I'm a beer noob, can I get some tried-and-true recipe suggestions that will compliment BBQ and the warm weather? The groom and the groomsmen are all fans of IPAs, but the truth is that we all really like a wide variety of beers. I was thinking of something around 6%. I was given about 50 20-year old Grolsch bottles that we'll probably use once I get some replacement seals.

Thanks!

Oh, I know they are. But since I've never done one and I'm still pretty new to this, I was hoping someone might post a recipe (IPA or otherwise) that's pretty solid.

We have a ton of recipes in the database, so if you have a certain IPA in mind, see if one of those looks good to you. All of then can be converted to extract pretty easily, so don't let that deter you!

I made my "usual" IPA today, and even though there are frequent hops additions, it's a very easy recipe.

Back