So, it's snowing in Houston . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexLaw

Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
. . . and it has been for most of the day, and it promises to for much of the rest of the day.

It's official. It has now snowed in Houston in December (all Decembers put together, that is) more often than the Astros have won a pennant.

Time for another beer. :mug:

TL

it always snows here. i left a nice clay pot outside, and it cracked last night from the freeze/thaw cycle... another one bites the dust.

We are coming into that wonderful time of year in Oklahoma where it's warm by day and below freezing at night. And there are storms coming our way.

That loverly time where it rains all day and then freezesw into solid ice at night and the world is an ice rink for the morning commute.

Nothing closes, of course, and the mindless motorists on the speedway think they can motor along at normal limts because they were too stupid to get out of bed an hour earlier.

Supposed to get 6-8" over Tue afternoon -Wed. Can't wait. It's been 12 years since I left the tundra and I bought me a shiny new snowblower that wants me to fire it up.

boo! i've had enough of snow.

Snow in Birmingham? There goes my Barber Motorsports Park trip in Feb....

Well brace yourself, cuz we have the first big storm coming tomorrow. Anywhere from 9-12 inches of snow predicted. I think we'll have Houston's total beat after this one....

yeah, i'm not happy about it. when I was a kid I loved snow, now it's just annoying. I really don't have any winter hobbies, so that might explain it. My dad has a couple of sleds, but with the trails getting all screwed up and with the inconsistent snow in north milwaukee area, we only get out 1 or 2 times a year.

So much for global WARMING! It's been cold in Cleveland, but other than an inch or two, there's been no accumulation yet.... Storms rolling through tomorrow though.

'dis thred iz useless widout LOLcats...

funny-pictures-snow-cat-frozen-pee.jpg

started off as a dusting of snow on my car (park outside due to 1-car garage for wife's car). by this morning, there was 4 1/2 inches. by 6:00 p.m. tonight, there was 7 1/2 inches and it was still snowing (nonstopped since 10:00 last night). now there is 10 inches as we speak. and the snow and blowing snow will continue into tomarrow as we are in a blizzard warning in central iowa. :(

good thing i have a single-day layoff for tomarrow, so bottoms up! :mug:

edit: blizzard warning for all of iowa, for that matter.

coming down pretty f-ing hard here in milwaukee. i have a 4pm flight out to dc tomorrow.....great....

Best of luck on that flight. Almost broke our record low for December this morning. Washing machine has ice on it. Last year, we had a cold first half of December and got hit with 23" of ice and snow in the second half. We've got rain coming in ... if it warms up.

snow count this morning at 7:00 is now at 14" since it all started monday night. wind blowing pretty good right now so its hard to tell if there's a light snow fall or the wind is blowing it around. :mug:

We missed most of the snow. Just like an Illinois tourist, it all headed to Wisconsin. Only ~1" at work and none further south at the house. Getting the deep freeze tonight, though. High of ~19oF tomorrow.

We got about 6 inches I think. It was drifted a bit so it was hard to tell. Supposed to get another 6 or so tonight. More wind and less warm though, so it's probably going to start sucking any time.

It is snowing today, our first real snow, and even still it is just a dusting on roofs and the like. Our December has been relatively mild thus far. However, I think it is just the calm before the storm. I have a feeling it is going to be a tough winter here.

had 4-5 inches of snow overnight and now it raining and the temps are suppose to be in the 20's tonight everything is going to turn to solid ice .I have to get the snowblower out again because the roads weren't plowed when I left this morning. I am sure there is a nice mound of snow at the end of my driveway

It is inside. Inside an unheated garage. The average low for December is 33F. It was 6F that morning. It's been in single digits for five days.

better get some heat in there if the washer froze the pipes may have also or are on their way too. Nothing worse than frozen pipes not because you have no water but they usually burst and when they thaw its a mess.

No problem with the pipes, they're PEX. They can freeze without breaking. They're also insulated, but that doesn't mean anything after 5 days. I'm much more concerned about the PVC coming up to the house. Parts of it are really exposed, like the section that is strapped to the side of the bridge.

No problem with the pipes, they're PEX. They can freeze without breaking. They're also insulated, but that doesn't mean anything after 5 days. I'm much more concerned about the PVC coming up to the house. Parts of it are really exposed, like the section that is strapped to the side of the bridge.

the trunk line coming to the house is above ground in spots? man that wouldn't work here at all the only lines above ground are the mains going over bridges the water never stay's in them long enough to freeze feeding 100's of homes.

Yep, that section broke a few years ago. I think I will replace it with PEX this summer. Two really cold Decembers in a row is nervous making.

And SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS starting tomorrow. This is in an area where they don't know what a snowplow is. Looks like I'll miss the Heart of the Valley potluck. What the heck do I do with 10 lbs of ham?

Maybe the greys will eat some of it.:D

Latest posts

Back