using cultures - From homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Reaction score
I really want to use the sediment that my batch's form, but I don't know how to use, or store them safely. At the moment I'm winging it and attempting to grow these bi-products myself. I have no idea what to do. I know this is most likely a bad idea, but I wouldn't use them if I throught that they sucked. I would think that these bi-products would help following batches. I was thinking that these bi-products could improve body, taste, head, carb's. Just mabe, but again I don't really know..it just sounds like a good idea.

There's a ton of info on here...search for the yeast washing thread, the yeast freezing thread, and the yeast harvesting threads...I thought they are stickied, I'm pretty sure the yeast washing illustrated is...

Plus there's the wiki with info as well.

Yeast ranching is fun. :mug:

Edit The yeast washing illustrated tutorial IS a sticky at the top of the General Techniques section of the forum.

thanks guys,
this time. I'm just preparing for my next batch. My "main" questions are. How do I prepare the cultures (from my brew) for use? Next, How do I use these cultures for brewing my next batch?, How should I store these cultures for later use (Long term wise)?c

Just listen to revvy.... search and make a starter... the starter is how you start your culture.. After that you can either wash or use it as your yeast.

Back