Beerswap with Cheesefood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoochild7

Reaction score
Got two of Cheesfoods beers today. His Caramel Vanilla and his Pumpkin. First I just got back from a weekend getaway with my girl where a fire alarm went off at 1 am. The little flashing safety lights didn't stop till about 4 am so after no sleep and a long drive home I realy needed a beer and what a beer. First the Caramel.

This was a great brew. The aroma to me, and I'm a drinker just recently becoming a taster, did not at first hit me as Caramel or Vanilla maybe just a hint here or there. But upon tasting you get it all. And the body was great almost creamy. There was a bitterness to it from the hops that played off nicely with the sweetness that was in this beer. I am gonna brew this one without a doubt.

The pumpkin was nice too. Cheese told me he added some water to the secondary to balace out trub that took up lots of the volume but had he not told me I don't think I would have noticed. I think the only gripe I have about this one is that he sent me 12 oz and not 22 oz. But to I give him kudos anyway as I told him not even to send it as his 22 Caramel met my 2 12 oz brews. So not only are his beer great but very generous also.

Both exhibited excellent quality as far as carbonation and head go.

Thanks for the great beers.

voodoochild7 said:
Got two of Cheesfoods beers today. His Caramel Vanilla and his Pumpkin. First I just got back from a weekend getaway with my girl where a fire alarm went off at 1 am. The little flashing safety lights didn't stop till about 4 am so after no sleep and a long drive home I realy needed a beer and what a beer. First the Caramel.

This was a great brew. The aroma to me, and I'm a drinker just recently becoming a taster, did not at first hit me as Caramel or Vanilla maybe just a hint here or there. But upon tasting you get it all. And the body was great almost creamy. There was a bitterness to it from the hops that played off nicely with the sweetness that was in this beer. I am gonna brew this one without a doubt.

The pumpkin was nice too. Cheese told me he added some water to the secondary to balace out trub that took up lots of the volume but had he not told me I don't think I would have noticed. I think the only gripe I have about this one is that he sent me 12 oz and not 22 oz. But to I give him kudos anyway as I told him not even to send it as his 22 Caramel met my 2 12 oz brews. So not only are his beer great but very generous also.

Both exhibited excellent quality as far as carbonation and head go.

Thanks for the great beers.

Thanks! Glad you liked them. Very generous reviews...I'm flattered. If I didn't already have a stout in progress, I'd brew yours and swap it right back for your take on my Vanilla. Thank you for the quick service and wonderful product. In eBay terms, I'd give you an A+++ for the transaction. And I might just brew your stout anyways, as I can't get the memory of that flavor out of my mouth. It was just too darned good!

I loved the CV. I thought it was gonna be very sweet and syrupy but was very surpized not too too sweet. Very good.

Back