What I have been up too, procreating!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
I spent yesterday at home in my brewery taking a mental health day. Here is what has happened the past two days:

Transfered my starter into a half gallon growler:
987118455_0e737f9098.jpg

Look at them go!
987971620_6bb8b84b1e.jpg

Hefe on the left, in the background is a Steam, and on the stove is water for yeast washing:
987121735_254ca4a965.jpg

MAN DOWN!
987123153_cb9a4ec605.jpg

What I washed out of my Hefe! after I transfered it
987976260_b7b6347bf7.jpg

Keeping my yeasties happy...Colbert on their lunch break:
987981148_81022ef7d1.jpg

My sweet ass starter, waiting for my stir rod tomorrow!
987126781_9ad8004a3b.jpg

Bottles cleaned, sanitized, and ready for yeast storage:
987127289_03ab5909c6.jpg

Hey...gooooood stuff, bro.

Question: is that press-n-seal stuff good for such applications like this? I mean, it's sanitary out of the box?

who the hell knows, haven't had problems with it in the past

I have pics to post later of my yeasties I've been growing. 4 words: Sirplate is ****ing awesome! I got such a big starter, I split it, filled up the bottles (well 2 of them)

987127289_03ab5909c6.jpg

and am making more yeast to store. I could not believe how much yeast settle out, and not to mention how much more yeast I had after I fired up the stirplate....just stupid amounts of yeast

I use press and seal on my bottles while they are in storage. It leaves a sticky residue, so I always run them thru the dishwasher and then toss them in Starsan prior to bottling.

my P&S doesn't leave a sticky residue......he he, you and I said sticky, he he

Do you keep them upside down, so there is more pressure on it, or right side up?

Reviving an old thread but I used to have a bunch of the Fordham growlers from when I worked at Ram's Head in Annapolis. I kept collecting them with the intention that I'd eventually get into homebrewing and now I can't find any of them darn't :lol:

Oh and I thought you were going to tell us that you finally planted your seed, and how you are going to be the best father ever, nothing like those "other" dads who turn into giant pussies the first time they hold their new born kid...

Seriously cool stuff though.

hah! She'd run away and never come back if that were the case ;)

And besides, it was BJ week this week if ya know what I mean, so no human procreating at least this round....

98EXL said:
yup, they go back on the road for 3 weeks on tuesday :D

Ok....we're not talking hockey here are we? :D

:off: ACTUALLY Back on topic... I noticed you store your yeastyboys in beer bottles, no you fill the whole bottle with wort to store, or just a few ounces?

Do you cap as normal or use a stopper/airlock?

no not hockey

yeah, I just fill up the bottles, cap them, and put them in the fridge for later, seems to work like a charm

Back