angry orchard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any tips on cloning angry orchard traditional dry?

I just tasted it today, my regular cider is very similar, i start at 1.06 normally, i'm going to drop it to 1.050 and use cote des blanc, ferment it dry and use aj concentrate for my sugar addition to bottle carb.

their cider has more body and mouth feel than mine and its sweeter maybe it needs a bit of lactose added?

just polished one off too. ingredients on bottle are cider, natural flavor, malic acid, etc. they probably ferment and add apple extract for flavor. still sweet for a "dry" cider, probably 1.015 or higher

just polished one off too. ingredients on bottle are cider, natural flavor, malic acid, etc. they probably ferment and add apple extract for flavor. still sweet for a "dry" cider, probably 1.015 or higher

Don't know about the dry, but Angry Orchard Crisp has a gravity of 1.032.

i just checked a dry, its 1.020 i did not adjust the reading for temperature, it's fresh from the refrigerator. I'm not going to sweeten it up that much, after drinking another one it doesn not have much more body than my cider so i think i'll try adding in a bit of apple extract with one batch and priming with aj concentrate and another with just aj concentrate.

i'm pretty happy with my dry cider as is but a little bit more flavor wouldn't hurt it.

Back