post your plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldogxray

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if everyone posted pics of their rig's plumbing. From manifolds to disconects. I will post some of mine when I finish my setup.

Good Call! Stainless and copper plumbing :rockin:

DSC08146.jpg

DSC08138.jpg

DSC08134.jpg

How did I miss this? Awesome!
I had the first brew with my new rig this weekend, and with all the bling and technology I packed in it, It was a pain having to switch hoses.
I will definately hard plumb from kettle to pumps, and most probably the rest also.
Love the sight glasses also.
Anybody else? I'm lookin for inspiration :)

How did I miss this? Awesome!
I had the first brew with my new rig this weekend, and with all the bling and technology I packed in it, It was a pain having to switch hoses.
I will definately hard plumb from kettle to pumps, and most probably the rest also.
Love the sight glasses also.
Anybody else? I'm lookin for inspiration :)
Try stainless steel quick connects. I had the same problem with hoses and was frustrated to say the least. I purchased quick connects for every connection and the hoses connect instantly. I personally don't like hard plumbing because you'll have the same issues when you have to clean.

Cheers,

dlester, I have SS QDs on all my hoses, except at the kettle/sensor, and the RIMS tube.
I WAS missing a couple of fittings, so It DID require more work than it should have.

what the heck , you can't start a picture thread with that, you need to hold back on that stuff for like a page or two, or nobody else will want to show off their spaghetti! sheesh! :)

what the heck , you can't start a picture thread with that, you need to hold back on that stuff for like a page or two, or nobody else will want to show off their spaghetti! sheesh! :)

exactly! If you think I am going to now post a pic of the copper pipe I sweated together and the brass garden hose connectors I use all over the place, you are out of your f*cking mind.

Is that a touch screen above the Brewtroller? I want a pic with it on. That thing is f*#&%^$ amazing. Nice touch with the cat six for control in the wall plate.

extra shower space...hrm what to do with it?

oh I know build bad ass SS brewery

<====== Jealous

-=Jason=-

well that is NOT fair.... now i do not have tubing, but damn, 2 epic showings and now everyone is scared to show their stufs!

rabed25, I am confused, there are only 2 vessels there, how the heck does this work, my head hurts.

I snapped a few pictures during my brewery Brewtroller Automation and Plumbing upgrade. I call it the souped up Sabco. There is no more copper or brass in the brewery. Enjoy!! I am thinking of changing my handle from Sawdustguy to Swagelokguy.

new%20brewery21.jpg

new%20brewery29.jpg

new%20brewery20.jpg

new%20brewery6.jpg

new%20brewery7.jpg

new%20brewery3.jpg

Damn it; and I thought I had a great setup, except for the off-flavors I keep getting. Here's mine: :(

Complicated-plumbing.jpg

Sawdustguy said:
I snapped a few pictures during my brewery Brewtroller Automation and Plumbing upgrade. I call it the souped up Sabco. There is no more copper or brass in the brewery. Enjoy!! I am thinking of changing my handle from Sawdustguy to Swagelokguy.

Wow, this is just clean and sexy. Do you have a diagram of the system, or pics showing what is above your table? I'm afraid to ask for a parts list.

So where is everyone scoring those sweet flow-through site glasses? Ive searched ebay and only found a couple built for pools and such....Throw me a bone here...:)

I also want to know where to find the site glasses.
I need to buy one (some ) now.

you can get them from GW Kent, I know that. But I also think some are building them - I thought I saw a build thread somewhere on here for that very item....pretty easy, I thought.

Ryan

Sawdustguy said:

Very nice. This is how clean I want my build to be.

My new doctor said he wanted to check out my plumbing so I dropped my pants. Did I misunderstand? He did fondle my nuts so I am not so sure now. :confused:

They are used to look at what's flowing through them, that's the sight part :p

You can use them to see the color and clarity in a closed system, and to verify oxygenation is taking place by watching the bubbles. Plus they look really frickin sweet.

They are used to look at what's flowing through them, that's the sight part :p

You can use them to see the color and clarity in a closed system, and to verify oxygenation is taking place by watching the bubbles. Plus they look really frickin sweet.

I was able to figure out the sight glass part was for sight. I just was not sure what the other reason would be other than the bling factor. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Sight glasses are beneficial for several reasons, some of which allow you to see clogs or obstructions in the flow of wort, , clarity , and help with the priming of any pumps you may have in your system loop , I really wouldn't do with out them anymore, I have three of them and they are critical to my brewing operations, they are pretty reasonable in price too , considering the amount of stainless and the machining , don't discount them just as bling, they are extremely helpful.

Back