Need Kegerator Suggestions/Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russb123

Reaction score
I am looking for a commercial Kegerator that will hold 2 full corny's (5 gallon) and looks good enough to have out in my game room.

I know I could save alot of money making one myself, but I would rather pay a little extra for something preassembled that hopefully has a warranty of some kind.

Things I am looking for:
1. Looks nice
2. 2-taps, holds 2 full corny's and a co2 tank inside
3. taps on top with some type of drip catcher (it will be over carpet so spills = bad)
4. Hopefully under $700 - anything under that is of good quality would be great

Thanks for your advice!

Look at the kegerator at keg connection. The two keg version is $695 with two kegs. Of course, if you add Perlicks and other bling, the price will go up.

How long are you willing to look? I would check out the scratch and dent appliance stores. Especially the "company owned " ones. Like in Houston there was a Conn's scratch and dent (On Stella Link and 610 for all you Houstonians) that would have one occasionally for a good price. Full warranty. Luck - Dwain

Using brand new supplies you can build one with either a Sanyo fridge or a 5.5 cf freezer for under $500. Best bet if you are looking to buy one ready to go is from keg connection.

Thank you all for the replies.

I think I will browse this section of the forum some more and see what the cost of making one myself would be.

I kinda like the idea of using a chest freezer

+1 on this. For about an extra $85 you can turn that under $300 mini fridge/kegerator from HD into a two tap corny kegerator.
It has enough room to put the CO2 bottle inside or out depending on preference.

Let me know if you want more info on this, as I've got one of these in the basement.

Several people have found Beer Keg Dispenser - MCKC490S at The Home Depot at Home Cheapo for $299 on clearance, and added a 2nd tap as well as change out the disconnects for corny kegs, and been out the door for less than $400

My suggestion is that if you DIY, to go Fridge. I converted a Chest Freezer and aside from being able to hold 10 cornies, the condensation and collar build was a major pain in my ass.

My suggestion is that if you DIY, to go Fridge. I converted a Chest Freezer and aside from being able to hold 10 cornies, the condensation and collar build was a major pain in my ass.

I use a chest freezer with no collar. I have no issue with condensation. I have room for 4 full kegs, and I keep my tank and about 12 pint glasses on the compressor hump, and am very satisfied with my Cobra taps (no sticky taps because they are inside)

Mine is Magic Chef 7.2 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer - MCCF7WBX at The Home Depot
with a Midwest Supplies BrewLogic Dualdraft kegging system, and Johnson Controls analog temp controler.

Back