Portland Brewbuddy/Assistant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OppamaBrendan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a friend moving to Portland soon and he loves brewing and is quite knowledgeable about fermenting things.

The thing is, he can`t brew by himself anymore due to the affects of ALS. If you saw the ice-bucket videos you may have learned about what that does to you, and will understand he can`t lift the heavy stuff and safety is a concern.
So he needs some muscle to do the dirty work, including cleanup, if he is going to get to brew again.

What do you get out of it? A chance to hang out with a funny and cool dude who can probably teach you a lot about brewing, a drinking buddy, a chance to brew on someone else's equipment (always good for improving your own skills), and more!

OK, so you are in and want to help out? Great!
Here's the last bit, I am posting this without his knowledge to try and get people interested in helping before he even moves to Portland. When there are several responses here saying you want to help, I will send him a link to this thread so he can contact you himself. Please respond on this thread instead of messaging me, so he can join in the conversation when he is ready. I know homebrewers are the best community I've ever been part of, thanks for giving this consideration!

He should sign up with the Oregon Brew Crew homebrewing club too, great resource, connections, and camraderie. My schedule is so chaotic I wouldn't be much help, but I'm sure there are many others around who would be happy to.

I live just outside of Portland area and would be glad to lend a hand. I teach so... my summers have a pretty flexible schedule too! ( ;

Back