oops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will95gt

Reaction score
Ok, so I brew my beer and threw it into my fermenter. (I just use a single fermentation process)

This is my second batch of beer, my first batch went smooth and tasted even smoother, but it seems I have made my first mistake. I planned to give myself three weeks to allow the beer to stay in the primary fermenter but once the three weeks ended and bottling was due, I realized I only had 24 bottles :(

So I just ordered 24 more bottles but they probably won't arrive for another week or so (ten days tops). Is this extra ten days going to hurt my batch of beer?

Would it be better to just bottle the 24 bottles worth that I have now and hope for the best for the second half? Or will it be fine to just wait the extra week for the reserve bottles to come in?

Thanks guys,

-Will :mug:

You'll be fine. I've left batches in primary for over a month with no problems.

But what is this "ordering bottles" you speak of? If you need bottles, you can always get them at your closest liquor store, and they come filled with beer too. :mug: It's the emptying them that's the fun part ....

Haha, touche... The truth is, as a college student, i'm surrounded by beer bottles but with my style of living, most of these bottles end up in random corners of my apartment and usually are sticky lol.

Thanks for the input, i feel better now.

get into the habit of when you finish a beer rinse it out with water. or, wait until morning and do them all at once. I have a cupboard in my kitchen specifically for empty bottles which I empty from time to time. nice and clean.

buying bottles! Never heard of such nonsense!

Sorry, but not all of us have the luxury of a dedicated bottle cabinet! Some of us live in apartments that are the size of the average American's closet! lol

But yeah, your right about cleaning them after drinking. Thats a habit i will definitely begin to develop.

Oh and to answer your other question, I'd just wait and bottle them all at once.

Good luck!

Back