New to wine making

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBrewing

Reaction score
This will be my first time ever brewing anything, just got my kit I ordered off eBay. I was thinking about making EdWort's Apfelwein because it seems so simple. All the research I have been doing online, all recipes seem to use chemicals besides yeast and sugar, so is that really all you need for making this? Also recipe says it has to sit for at least 4 weeks before bottling, is longer better? Or should I bottle it at 4 weeks? Recipe says it is a dry wine, how dry is it? Is it sweet at all? My wife and I like our wine a little sweet.

With wine, longer is always better. However, if the kit says 4 weeks, it CAN be bottled in 4 weeks.

All the "chemicals" you need should be in the kit.

Just about all homemade wine will finish dry, it's up to you to sweeten it after it has finished fermenting and you have stabilized it.

Yes, that is all you need for EdWort's Apfelwein. It is very good too. It is not as sweet as a Cider but it has a bit of a sweetness to it.

Bottles packages are the easiest and quickest way to get started creating wine at house.
Wine Fruit are selected..not ripe
Making wine from fruit is the ultimate for most house wine makers.
NTEP scales

Back