Northern Brewer Dead Ringer IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBug

Reaction score
Just finished bottling this extract kit. I am super excited for this to finish!!! The sample from the hydro tube tasted AWESOME and the aroma was GREAT. I wanted to drink more. I modded the recipe using BeerSmith for a full boil 5 gallon brew. OG was 1.064 and FG was 1.014. Primary'd for 24 days and dryhopped the last 5 days.

I have never tried the Bell's Two-Hearted so I don't know how this compares but I am in love with this kit.

I'm a big fan of the Bell's Two Hearted so I'd love to hear a comparison of the 2 if you feel like buying a six pack to compare. ;)

Dead Ringer may be the next kit I do.

I commonly catch myself sniffing the farts from my Dead Ringer airlock! It smells great and I'm not even near the dry hopping yet.

You didn't secondary to dry hop?

Know what else is fun - take that same grain bill and substitute all Simcoe (when it's back on the shelves, that is)

No secondary for me. I will reserve that for fruity beers. This was my first dry hopped brew so I can't comment on which way is better. It was easier cleaning one carboy vs. two.

I brewed this one on Thursday night and the gas coming off the airlock smells amazing. I can't wait to open er' up to rack to secondary, add the dry hops and get a sneak peek :)

I'm drinking one now. I dry hopped in the primary and after ~ 6 weeks from brew day, it was ready to go. Kegged at 4 weeks and it needed those extra 2 weeks for the flavors to mesh.
OG 1.073
FG 1.017

Enjoy!

We just brewed this on Friday and I cant wait for it! We brewed this one at my buddy's place so I cant see/smell the airlock but he told me tonight that it was going pretty crazy. We double pitched a 2nd packet of Wyeast vs using a starter on this so hopefully that still works out well.

I love this kit,
Did 26 days in primary, have had it bottled for 8 days and it has already carbed up nicely. Certainly going to wait and let it be before I really get into it, but wow am I surprised at how delicious it is at this point!

I brewed Two Hearted extract kit from Adventures in Homebrewing last night. Two Hearted is one of my favorite IPA's so I'm excited to see how this kit compares.

Back