Auber 2362 wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCoastBrew

Reaction score
I'm using the Auber 2362 PID and ASL-51 timer in my panel and can't quite figure out the alarm wiring for the 2362s. I saw the discussion regarding the ASL-51 (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/asl-51-timer-wiring-207860/index2.html) and I'm good with that. I'm sure I'm making the PID alarm wiring more difficult than it actually is but I can't sort it out. Has anyone else used this setup or have suggestions on how I should wire it? Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem, this fixed it for me.

This is where I have a bit of a problem with Auber's manual. Their diagrams are horrible, and not well written. You need to have a 120 source going to wire 13. When it goes into alarm the contact 1 closes on to 13 letting power flow through to your alarm. It isn't self supplied.

aubalarm.jpg

Auber's manual is not the problem, you should have a basic understanding of what 'contacts' are and how they work... not saying you need an Electrical Engineering degree, but you wouldn't hook both wires of a light bulb to the two contacts of a light switch and expect it to work, now would you? Contacts are intentionally not internally hooked to the input voltage, the device would not have nearly the flexibility that it needs if that were done...

I'm following kals instructions also trying to wire 3 2362s in parallel. What did you end up doing????

Did anyone every come up with a solid diagram or answer to the wiring? I will admit that I am not an electronical engineer, so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, tn.

Back