The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a life-affirming couple of days 'round here, weather-wise. Needed that.
Back in the fridge tomorrow but that's ok, my batteries have a full charge now :ban:

On other fronts, Brian apparently got the Feds okey-dokey on his brew pub plans and can now go to the State and then the Town for approvals.
Which seems completely backward to me but I understand that's the process...

All the Feds did was essentially put his entity into the tax payment process given the information he provided them gave them some assurance that the correct taxes would be paid. That is what 99% of TTB approval is about.

Next is Mass ABCC which, while the taxes are a big thing, they start looking at other things regarding “public health” and operations. “Is it near a school or church?” That sorta stuff.

Finally the town gets involved and that’s where the real nightmare begins. That’s where you get all of the different inspectors and very specific codes that have to be met. Now you have architects and engineers involved to tell you how many sprinkler heads you need and exactly where they need to be placed. Whether or not a chair rail has to be fire-rated given its flame-spread speed... etc.

It goes from highest level down to nitty gritty. Not saying that’s a good way to do it... that’s just how it happens.

The TTB is the easiest part.

Is it just me or is anyone else struck by how the Korean Olympic Mountains looks like Gunstock Mountain?

A couple of insignificant lonely ski trails on a Grandma friendly “mountain” that no one would ever bother skiing on it were not a (politically negotiated Olympic Eventb). Sort of like Jonny Wier riding the pretty pony withnYeager. Only less gay.

I suspect the wide angle camera shots of the "trail map" flattens them considerably.
Those lonely trails had to get past the FIS, and having grown up skiing a pair of FIS trails at Smugglers, that ain't no cakewalk...

Cheers!

Is it just me or does anyone else get a wheat beer like blow off watching the Swedish curling team?

I think next week I’m going to stay home when the Brazilian cleaning girls come to the house.
“Yaaaaaa. Yaaaaaa. To the right. Harder. Harder. Sweeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!

So apparently everyone east of Woostah is feckin' doomed, so I just wanted to say "Thanks for the entertainment!" to the collection of sportos, motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, and dickheads that hang here, before I get cashed.

It's been surreal.

Cheers!
[ps] In the unlikely event that we're all still "Here" on Saturday the above is totally null and void ;)

lol! Is that what's happening at the old Skinner facility near Slaters?
Not that anyone could get within a Bic lighter's reach of the goods, but that'd be cool.

And, frankly, surprising, considering how conservative the town has tended over the decades.
The Spousal Unit calls it "Boltonistan". She's not a fan...

Cheers!

Wow. Didn't know that was the place. I heard rumors but figured it would never be in that backyard. Worcester is pretty similar to San Francisco now without the good restaurants now.

I have no idea if that's what's up, but I had been thinking that'd be a great place for a grow facility.
But, again, I'd be surprised if Bolton didn't clam up over anything weed-related, even though one could surmise there are private plots all over town ;)

btw, don't knock the Worcester restaurant scene. While I wouldn't say it's "happening" there are quite a few good places out there...

Cheers!

Not the best location down town...

conico.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out...

Cheers!

That looks right next to rail trail. There is no good parking in Hudson. The worse are the people that decide to stop in the middle of the rotary to pick up or drop people.

Wet.

That looks right next to rail trail. There is no good parking in Hudson. The worse are the people that decide to stop in the middle of the rotary to pick up or drop people.

It's actually on the way out of town north on 85, on the other side of the rotary and a number of blocks from Rail Trail.
Parking and dodging rotary traffic will be challenging to say the least...

I haven't heard the totals, but judging by the flooding, I think it dumped at least 3 inches of rain before heading north.

Last edited:
All I know is my pond is filled to the overflow pipe. And I was dodging downed tree limbs all over the place.
Just got back from dinner in Northboro. Cross-winds on 290 were verging on rude...

Cheers!

Not here, thankfully, and weird timing that you brought that up.
Yesterday I diagnosed a partial blockage in the 4" sanitary system at my youngest son's home that he bought in November.
Didn't know where exactly but I fingered the home run to the tank.
They had a septic system guy out there today scope it and sure enough the block was right at the tank inlet (which is weird but I guess that can happen)...

obligatory hbt content: Had dinner at Romaine's in "Times Square" (lol) in Northborough last night. Excellent food and a decent beer lineup.
Enjoyed a couple pours of Sloop Juice Bomb that hit me right where I'm living these days...

Last edited:
Diving out of John Pennekamp State Park?

I’m not sure where Pennekamp’s boundaries actually are. Most of the reefs, Molasses, French, The Elbow, etc. are protected waters so I assume they are included in the park but don’t really know. But yes, that general area. I wanted to go down to Key West for a day to dive the Vandenberg but all the boats down there do it as a morning trip, meaning we’d need to get up at 4:30 to get there on time. Not what I (or more to the point SWMBO) wanted to do on vacation. Some other time.

Back