need help finding Grolsch style bottles for a good price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in Texas, and I can buy Grolsch for 2.21/per bottle. The cheapest new Grolsch style bottles I have found online come to 2.71/per bottle. I can't believe it is cheaper to actually buy the beer than it is just get bottles. :drunk:

depending on how cool your local bartenders are you might be able to get them to put them aside for you. it works here...also depends on what kind of beer they serve locally! if it's all shiner and bud, you're outta luck!. this will be especially fruitful if you're not deadset on grolsch bottles (i.e. any flip tops will do).

Try Midwest they have a sale of 12 for $11.95

The shipping will be high to Texas, but at least some of that can be offset if you are buying a few cases. Or add them to your next ingredients order from them. I have only had good experiences with their service.

I get mine from a local restaurant. They save them for me. When you go out, keep your eyes open!

I built up my supply by buying the 4 packs which came out to be around 9-10 a piece. Not a great price but you get beer and a bottle and amazingly it is still cheaper than buying them at your LHBS! PLus they look nicer then the brown crappy ones.

Try Midwest they have a sale of 12 for $11.95

Thanks!

Shipping was brutal, more than the cost per case, but still cheaper than anywhere else.

I'm not a Grolsch fan but the wife is. I pay about 7.50 a four pack which isn't bad considering what flip tops cost. I don't mind bottling the flip tops.

well, my buddy and i went over to Spec's and found Grolsch for 1.80/bottle. so, we just bought a case and half. it's a good thing we both like Grolsch, haha. :mug: luckily, we have a while until the first batch will be ready for bottling. i'm not convinced we have enough bottles over all though. i probably need to go pick up another case and half. :drunk: we'll just have to cap some of our other bottles.

here a bottle of grolsch is $3, so i just buy beer, drink it and reuse the bottle.

Bottle redemption center... I get them for .10 each. Just picked up 7 brown 1 liter swing tops for .70.

Back