Rhubarb ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
i have a friend that really likes rhubarb and i have never had it before but i told him i would make an attempt at it

Does anyone have any ideas of have attempted this before?

i was thinking i might try a dark beer with cocoa or a lite beer and use a slower fermenting sugar to try to keep it sweeter not sure

i have a friend that really likes rhubarb and i have never had it before but i told him i would make an attempt at it

Does anyone have any ideas of have attempted this before?

i was thinking i might try a dark beer with cocoa or a lite beer and use a slower fermenting sugar to try to keep it sweeter not sure

Rhubarb wine is suppose to be awesome. Yooper has a recipe for some. Not sure about using it in beer though.

"It's bitter," so says the Wife.

I was thinking a Strawberry-Rhubarb Saison.

I don't like adding fruit to boils, generally, so I'd make a pulp in the blender, add pectic and put it in the secondary.

i think i will split this batch in the secondary and do a case of rhubarb strawberry and a case of rhubarb what would happen if i added a slow fermenting sugar like honey to secondary

Hate to post this far after the last one, but DO IT! I made some from an AHS Honey Wheat kit. It was GREAT! Awesome reviews, never had a beer I liked more. Kyle

I would encourage you to do it but keep in mind that rhubarb is very bitter, and that taste will not go away. and will probably be accented with the hops. I also just made an excellent strawberry blond that has a slight bite to it. It taste like strawberries with no sugar in them. So you might want to add some lactose to it get that sweeter strawberry rhubarb flavor out of it.
Do let us know how it turns out though.

Back