Need parts list to put together a Vacuum degasser setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrousbird

Reaction score
Wife and I have been making kits wines for about a year now, currently on our 4th and 5th batches. All have been decent, our 3rd finished batch being the best so far.

I currently degass using a drill mounted paddle and have had mixed results. Wife wants wine making goodies for Christmas or her Birthday (I have a very expensive December).

It looks like the Schuco 130 vacuum pump is one of the common pumps used to do this. Any other pump suggestions (will be a used eBay purchase).

What other items will I need? Tubing (size/how much?). I assume I will need a couple of carboy caps, like this: http://www.midwestsupplies.com/review/product/list/id/3902/category/192/

I am guessing I will also need a racking cane as well (I think I have a spare one laying around).

What else will I need? I assume some type of pressure regulator. What kind of glass jar/fitting is needed at the pump side? Can you bottle with these pumps as well?

I know these is the Wineeasy Degassing Pump kit but it looks pricey and still appears to need more items. I'd rather put together a better kit myself for less cash.

I personally love the All in One Wine Pump because I can independently rack, degas, filter and bottle. Steve can instruct/provide you with the necassies to degas and bottle. ---
www.allinonewinepump.com. And I can assure you that your wife would love it!!

But here is a good overview of degassing, and do not forget you can watch videos of the whole process on YouTube. http://www.winemakermag.com/stories...inemaking/537-operating-in-a-vacuum-wine-kits

If you use BetterBottle-type carboys you must have some glass carboys, because you cannot work from non-glass carboys with a vacuum.

...Sara

Back