Brewnight last night - Interrupted boil +

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoGuthrie

Reaction score
I borrowed a friend's propane burner yesterday and filled up a mini 10# tank just for the brew day.

Lo and behold, 40 min into the boil I ran out of propane. Now before you lecture me on the values of a back up tank I will say this: I should've checked my back up tank to make sure it wasn't empty. Now that that is over with on with the thread:

1) The boil was interrupted for about half an hour while I called close friends and neighbours looking for another tank. Are there going to be any issues with the brew because of the interrupted boil? I still hit my OG.

2) Apparently flustered and shaken by the interruption I also forgot to add an oz of flameout hops until about 5 or so minutes into the wort chilling process. I just chucked them into the pot along with my wort chiller. What do you suppose'll happen with that?

ya i'm sure it'll be just fine but anyone have experience on what an interupted boil does?

My reading before making the thread didn't tell me anythign concrete. Some people said "it'll be hoppier", some say "sweeter from a little caramalization of wort".

That sounds very similar to my brew day the other day only i had a full backup tank, but also tossed the last oz of hops while cooling... the brews should be fine im not worried

Latest posts

Back