Anyone use megapot 1.2, anvil brew kettle, or brew built kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMH

Reaction score
As the title says, anyone use these? I have been looking to upgrade to do full volumes and have been shopping for a while. Northern brewer has a 20% off an 8 gal megapot but I think I read some issues with that. Anvil is by blichman so quality there. Looking for some feedback.

I have a 8 and 15 gallon Megpots. Great pots Bought them on sale at Midwest so they wer 20% off

15 gallon MegaPot here. I've been extremely happy with it. If you're going to buy a new kettle, I'd strongly suggest going 10 gallon minimum (15 gallon if BIAB) for 5-6 gallon batches.

I have an 8 gallon pot (just a cheap aluminum) and I always struggle with boil overs and have to watch the kettle too close (I start with ~7 gallons of liquid so don't have much room for foam). My requirement for my next kettle is 10 gallons.

I was thinking of getting an anvil 15 gal for a while. That would fulfill needs for a good long time. Thanks for the input all. I kinda wanted to go from 5 to 10.

I'm 99% sure Brewbuilt, MegaPot, AMCYL, and SSBrewTech are all the same actual pot. That being said I really like my SSBrewtech, I know that's not exactly a brand you quoted but I think it's the same thing.

I would go no less than a 10 gallon pot. If you think you ever want to do a 10 gallon batch get a 15 gallon pot.

i have a 20gal megapot for the BK. love the stoutness of it and the gallon marking inside. I have a cheaper kettle for the HLT because all the other hardware i put in it (50' SS HERMS and two 5500 element ). looking back i am happy that i have a sight tube on the outside of HLT so i can keep the lid on and heat in. also i use a small clip on the tube for where i should stop pulling water at for mash in sparge amounts. Go with the Mega for BK, MASH and something with a outside sight glass for HLT... also with the megapot not having the sight glass, it's another thing you don't have to clean, and you always boil with the lid off.... my $.02

I have 2 megapot 1.2 kettles. i use one for my mash tun with a titan false bottom, and I have a hlt that I added a sightglass to. I also bought a Edalmetall Bru Kettle with the whirlpool tangential inlet and I added a sightglass to it as well. All three have been fantastic kettles !! highly recommended.

I looked at the Edelmetal and saw it had some issues with the valve leaking. That kettle is pretty nice with the integrated whirlpool port.

i have no issues. it did, but after the first use, i think the heat helped to break in the silicone gasket on the whirlpool inlet, and no further problems. it is an awesome kettle.

Back