Rogue Dead Guy Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
I puchased a Dead Guy kit from my LHBS. I love DG and figured Id give it a shot. Well after three weeks in primary and another three in secondary I finally bottled last night and wow were the test samples delicious! I believe the kit was like $45 not including yeast; a little spendy but I tell you what, if the carbonated version tastes anything like it did at bottling it was well worth it. I really recommend this kit to new brewers who want a good result early. The kit has you steep grains, use real hops, has late addition DME and other stuff, and it was the first time I used liquid yeast. So if your looking for a more complicated but still simple recipe; this is a great one!

I also used my new vinator and bottling tree for the first time. The new gear cut my bottling time in half!:rockin:

~Cheers

Very nice, that is a great beer. Did you get pacman yeast to ferment it?

This one is definitely on my list to brew. Do they sell an all grain kit by chance?

I actually had to use White Labs American ale yeast blend WLP060 because the LHBS was out of pacman...

Try the PacMan next time if you can get it...makes a BIG diff.

thats what I hear and Im really disappointed that the guy told me it wouldn't matter too much. After buying his $45 kit you would think he would try to get me the complete kit. Oh well, it still turned out really really good, so money well spent in my mind. Maybe I should get the kit again and use pacman for comparison ...

Back