When cleaning bottles in a dishwasher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmako

Reaction score
when you clean EZ cap type bottles in a dishwasher do you remove the rubber grommets to keep them out of the heat cycle or just leave them on?

when you clean EZ cap type bottles in a dishwasher do you remove the rubber grommets to keep them out of the heat cycle or just leave them on?

I have never used "ez-cap" bottles, but I would assume if its easy enough to pop the grommets out I would to be safe, and just sanatize them separately.

If you are talking about the gaskets on the flip top style bottles, when I use them I take them off and put them in the cage in the silverware compartment so that they get thoroughly cleaned. No problems with the heat in the dishwasher.

If I use them I don't put the caps in the dishwasher. I just rince them in hot water to make sure they're clean and then put them in a little dish of sanitizer before capping.

The whole top comes off easy, wire-ceramic-gasket, so I take it off before washing the bottles in the dishwasher. It's also easier to clean/sanitize the gasket when it's off the bottle.

Just remember the dishwasher isn't for cleaning bottles. It will not get the insides very clean.
and Jet-dry in your dishwasher will ruin beer head.

that said, the High heat dry cycle is good for sanitizing bottles AFTER you clean them another way.

Just remember the dishwasher isn't for cleaning bottles. It will not get the insides very clean.
and Jet-dry in your dishwasher will ruin beer head.

that said, the High heat dry cycle is good for sanitizing bottles AFTER you clean them another way.

Good point. I try to clean (well rinse well) right after I pour a beer.

Back