Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the first batch of mine that got infected. after seeing the thick fur coat on top I decided to bottle anyway. it was bad and continued to get worse. to prove a point to friends that even infected beer can't hurt you I would crack a bottle after showing them the film in the neck and take a swig or two. god that **** was horrible. worse than anything I have ever drank.

The worst beer I have ever had is MGD.
I worked at a restaurant and, due to my job, drank more than a few beers on the house.
One day I decided to drink all the beers I said I never would to see if I was being an *******. Turns out Coors original is not a half bad beer, but MGD is the biggest waste of water on the planet.

Chili%20beer%20six%20pack%20mexico.JPG

tastes like somebody dunked a chicken wing in microwaved natty light.

By far the worst I've had is a Heinekin "keg can" that had been rolling around in the trunk of my old Caddy (first car) for at least a week in the summer heat. I muscled through about 1/2 of it before I almost threw up.

I remember going to a friends house to celebrate a overdue birthday party *back when said buddy was still drinking of course* and while we had some nice beer to drink in the beginning we soon ran out * gasp I know* The birthday boy had some homebrew * from a kit he got at a hardware store that came along with generic yeast and your own plastic bottles to brew in how cool is that!!:ban:* But it was woefully to young and I told him to let it settle a bit more.

There was a few friends that were still late coming so we called them up to bring reinforcements for the few bottles of beer left we had. They came to the party with what must of been the evil axis powers of beer in tow. A pack of Colt 45, a couple of bottles of OE 800 and a few 40 oz bottles of what is probably the devil's curse on mankind " High gravity King Kobra" *dear god help us* I swear this stuff was like what runs through those critters blood in the movie "Aliens" and could burn its way through steel plate if you let it.A few games of quarters and a couple of bottle chugs later and the night got rather interesting is all I can say without going into too much detail. One that had me carrying people to the bathroom to give their offerings to the porcelain gods before I was called for my priestly duty.

The only thing that could of made that night worse was if someone had decided to bring over a bottle of wild turkey, I dont think any of us would of survived that one. I wish I could say that this is my only bad moment but I've got quite a few more epic tales to tell for another night, I do believe there is still that video of me chugging the 2L boot in under 1 minute somewhere out there *ugh*

Warm keystone out of old dirty beerpong cups. By the end of the night I ended up trying to pick up girls by using thumb-war as an opener. It was bad...

Did that inspire your Thumb War! Honey Ale?

Lol... unfortunately yes. Most of my brews are named after fairly embarrassing events in my past. Like my next one, will be named for the time I accidentally ripped open my friends knee with a Karambit. Ahhhhh... College >.>

I was at the liquor store years ago and Red Brick put out a summer beer that was discounted down to $3 for a 6-pack. I thought, "$3 beer! How bad could it be?!" It was that bad. It tasted like a carbonated can of Lipton tea.

Heineken is an honorable mention. I've tried to drink that beer several times in my life and just never could enjoy it. I thought maybe it was because of skunky green bottles but even in the keg can and the new whiz-bang mini-kegs it still tastes awful to me.

I recently had a Saranac seasonal while out because they were giving out a free glass that was pretty terrible... possibly one of the most heavily fruited beers i have ever had, almost tasted like a zima buuaahh

Worst Commercial Beer You Have Ever Had?

Worst commercial beer I've ever had:

By far "Buffalo Sweat Stout" (on tap) by Tallgrass Brewing Company and I'm a stout drinker.

My friend and I sent ours back after drinking 1/2 a pint and quickly ordered a fresh pint of Guinness. :mug:

So what says you.......whats your vote for worst commercial beer you've tasted???????

It's not their fault, but the worst beer I've ever tried is Lost Coast Great White. It was my first experience with a Belgian White and I couldn't finish the bottle. Coriander and various spices in my beer just do not agree with my palate. I can take a Saison, Dubbel or Trippel, but you put hot dog spices in my beer and we have a problem.

Now that others have chimed in I will agree Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is also undrinkable.

If we're going with the "worst commercial beer you've ever had that you had a hope might be good." I'm going to have to agree with sam adams cherry wheat. I've never really liked any of their offerings, too sweet. Especially the cherry wheat. If we're just going with worst commercial beer you've ever had.... Coor's light by a MILE.

1. Samuel Adams Coastal Wheat.

I thought some cruel joke had been played on me. First off, I love fruit beers. I try all different varieties whenever I see them for sale. I bought this one because it said it was a lemon style hefeweizen. First of all, it didn't taste at all like lemon, lemon zest, or anything. It tasted like dish water. I'm not being rude at all, it literally tasted like dish water. I thought WTF I guess I got a bad bottle? I gave some to my wife who tries beers with me all the time, and she mentioned the same thing. I popped the 2nd bottle to see if it was just as bad, and it was.

2. Lost Coast Brewery - Tangerine Wheat

I went to a beer tasting and tried this beer. It didn't taste like a wheat beer at all, but instead tasted like orange soda. It was pretty good for an orange soda. I told my wife about it and she wanted to go back and buy a couple of bottles. The first one I gave her turned out to have no carbonation, and she said it had no flavor. I tried it and agreed. We dumped it and poured the 2nd bottle. The same deal...no carbonation and very little flavor at all. She commented that it tasted like when a soda machine runs out of syrup. What pissed me off is that the beers at the tasting were fine.

Worst commercial beer I've ever had BY FAR is Rickard's White. Had it on tap at a local bar once, can't even describe the flavor, but I would have to say it tasted "chemical" like. BLAH! Plus it was 5 bucks a pint :mad:

Worst? You children have never had the privilege of drinking Stoney's, probably out of business for decades by now. I couldn't finish a six pack (that is, my standard serving size) of this while I was in college, which was some time ago.

I went for the literal question on this, not the modified version that included expectations.

Commercial--Ice House (Nothing Else need be said).

Micro--Real Ale's Devils Backbone It tasted like someone took a blowtorch to a pile of sugar for about 15 minutes...(I must say that I typically like Belgians and most of Real Ale's offerings, but not that one).

Guinness, at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland.

I figured I would get some flame without explanation. I am not an Irish Stout drinker, so not a fan of the brew to begin with, but can still tell quality. At the Storehouse, however, the beer tasted watered down. There was no character other than thickness and head. It was bland, and the only excuse I could come up with is that it was young. Even my wife, who loves Guinness, only had a third of her pint.

This goes for Guinness we got elsewhere in Ireland as well. Same watered down taste.

They say it tastes different in Ireland... they are right, it is worse.

Micro: Harpoon Winter Warmer

The winter warmer was the first thing that came to my mind. I worked in a beer distributor for a year and so naturally I sampled everything. The first swig is allright but very interesting to say the least. Swig two was my limit. Drink in extreme moderation lol.

Guinness, at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland.

I figured I would get some flame without explanation. I am not an Irish Stout drinker, so not a fan of the brew to begin with, but can still tell quality. At the Storehouse, however, the beer tasted watered down. There was no character other than thickness and head. It was bland, and the only excuse I could come up with is that it was young. Even my wife, who loves Guinness, only had a third of her pint.

This goes for Guinness we got elsewhere in Ireland as well. Same watered down taste.

They say it tastes different in Ireland... they are right, it is worse.

Possibly because its served colder there.... so you tasted less.

Sam Summer ale, 3 years ago I liked it, now, I can't stand it - I 2nd the cherry wheat too.

I thought the red hook ipa was bad, real bad, but it was at least an ipa, so still better than most crap beers I just had high expectations.

Very sad, but for me it was a brew from Rogue of all breweries. Their Double (yes, double) Dead Guy Ale on tap at a reputable pub that cleans their lines regularly. It was n*a*s*t*y. Really sour and pungent and stinky and everything bad. I finished it. But then someone decided it would be a great idea to buy me another. I left it on the table and ordered a SNPA to get the crap taste out of my mouth.

The winter warmer was the first thing that came to my mind. I worked in a beer distributor for a year and so naturally I sampled everything. The first swig is allright but very interesting to say the least. Swig two was my limit. Drink in extreme moderation lol.

I remember picking up a six pack and only managing for finish one. I made all of my friends try one that night because I couldn't believe how terrible it was - a big hot nutmeg mess.

To add to the list, Great Divide Titan IPA. If I wanted to taste pine in such amounts I'd go outside and chew on a branch.

Sam Adams Triple Bock. Hands down.

Yuk.

I would agree with you, but I had 2 different experiences with this beer.
I bought some back in 95 and tried one. It was like bourbon and I hated it. Only finished it because I spent so much money on it. I kept a couple bottles around though and tried a 14 year old bottle of it a couple years ago and it was amazing. it was like chocolate liquer, it would have been dessert with some strawberries.

I'm going to go with Corona as well.

Someone mentioned SA Coastal Wheat. I second that. Disgusting. Induces the gag reflex the second you try to swallow it. I cant believe this beer passes their QA standards.

I have often wondered if anyone has ever tried to enter one of these commercial brews in a contest. There is some Really nasty tasting swill some people put in cans and bottles.

Worst commercial beer ever? Hands down, a three way tie! Bud/Miller/Coors, but here's the caveat... in G'itmo, Cuba. Rumored to have been preserved with formaldehyde. Three or four beers in... headache! You couldn't numb your brain enough to get rid of the pain.

Back