Flip top bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dapozer

Reaction score
What am i missing here grolsch flip top 16 oz bottles run around 1.89-2.09 a bottle at th LQ store full of beer, however buying empty bottles from the LHBS runs 2.89 to 3.25 per bottle for the 1/2liter. am I missing something here......

Nope, I've never bought an empty bottle in my life. Why buy empties when you can get them full of beer!!! Even if it's not very good beer...

your missing nothing. I have used grolch bottles for years and they are great. At one point I had a local bar owner saving his empties for me and I amassed quite a few. I gave cases of them away when I started with the kegs. I still have a case or two that I fill off the keg with a counter pressure filler.

The only downside to those bottles is the green color will not protect the beer from light. So store the beer in a dark space. Basement, closet, etc... Not in the sun room.

Back