Recipe needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Reaction score
The Dark Horse Brewery in Marshall, MI is having a big brew on National Homebrewing Day. I've never brewed away from home, but I'm thinking pretty hard about participating. I usually mash a small amount of grain (3 lbs.) on my stove and strain and sparge into the brewpot outside on the turkey fryer. I really don't want to haul a bunch of pots and complicate things since I'll already be out of my RDWHAHB zone, but I still want to make good beer. I really haven't steeped since I've went to full boils. I'm kinda thinking hefe (again, in my wheel-house)but the darker beers seem to be good canidates for steeps. My go-to's in my dropdown don't really fit as I'll not make the pepper beer without fresh peppers and I don't really have a good way to hold a mash to temp. with one burner and the big pot. If you have a good extract with steeping grains recipe throw it out. TIA

Back