Happy Mardi Gras from New Orleans!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ_in_HD

Reaction score
Well I'm obviously new to these forums, I was referred by two people that are either members or lurkers! lol. But they're both homebrewers as well! :mug:

Anyway, I just finished brewing my first batch of beer and it's sitting in my fermenter. The time can't pass soon enough, but luckily living in New Orleans this time of year there are MANY distractions! :)

Well, I'm gonna go look around the forum now and maybe i'll get some ideas on what to brew next!

Cheers,

AJ

Thanks for the welcome Duck,

Yeah I am familiar with that store...actually had to go there to pick up a grommet for the lid so I could insert the airlock!

Well my yeasties are doing their thing as the airlock is bubbling away...

By the way, is that the only local homebrew store in the area? Though since I live Uptown it is a very close drive, it's just that Andrew just doesn't seem to keep a lot of inventory (though that probably helps him keep costs down).

welcome to this palce, great info and help. Right up the road in Denham Springs.

Bienvenue, AJ. Next weekend, if you see a kid stumbling down St. Charles with a growler of homebrew, stop me and say hi.

A little early aren't we? I mean "Mardi Gras" means "Fat Tuesday", and that's on the 24th...;)

I've been to 8 of them...:ban:

yes, of course Mardi Gras literally means Fat Tuesday...but it is also used interchangeably to describe the season...though the more accurate term would be Carnival.

The use of the term happy mardi gras is used like when people say Merry Christmas on all the days leading up to the actual holiday.

Though I'd think a person that went to 8 of them would already know these nuances. ;)

Regardless...my fermenter is tormenting me with the promise of home brew...but as I just brewed this past Saturday I have a wait ahead of me...

It should be ready in time to enjoy by St. Patty's Day.

yes, of course Mardi Gras literally means Fat Tuesday...

I do...:D...and you should have recognized it as both a fact and a joke...:mug:

It's still not too late...I'm in Jacksonville, FL right now (for the week)...I can head that way on Saturday. I have a sister-in-law who lived in Chalmette (flooded out) and now lives by the airport...:D

Back