my next cider will it work ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexcider

Reaction score
3l of cloudy 100% of tesco juice
2 small pots of honey
2 oz of white sugar

what do u think and will it be nice :tank:

Whose fermenting this Winnie the Pooh? How much honey is in a pot?:D

443.gif

the sugar will not sweeten it, it will actually dry it out and boost the alcohol content. you'll have to sweeten it immediately before drinking it, or add sugar after fermentation and use preservatives.

there are 28 grams in one ounce, so you are putting less the three oz. of honey and 2oz of sugar into 3 liters which is less then one gallon. Seem pointless

ok well i had it spare so i dnot see how it is pointless and its like my secound cider so im traying to get it rite then im making 5 gallons :ban:

Honey takes an unusually long time to finish fermenting and in most cases you won't notice any honey-like characteristics in the final product. Or at least I didn't with my honey wheat. Try fermenting the juice by itself as the juice has more to do with the taste of the final product than any of the other ingredients you've listed. Once you've found a good juice that is readily available and consistent you can start tweaking by adding more fermentables like honey, fruit or table sugar.

You might want to do a little research on using the honey to naturally carbonate the cider in the bottle. I'm not sure if it's worth it but some of the natural aromatics of the honey might be better preserved in this way.

Honey takes an unusually long time to finish fermenting and in most cases you won't notice any honey-like characteristics in the final product. Or at least I didn't with my honey wheat. Try fermenting the juice by itself as the juice has more to do with the taste of the final product than any of the other ingredients you've listed. Once you've found a good juice that is readily available and consistent you can start tweaking by adding more fermentables like honey, fruit or table sugar.

You might want to do a little research on using the honey to naturally carbonate the cider in the bottle. I'm not sure if it's worth it but some of the natural aromatics of the honey might be better preserved in this way.

ok thanks mate a really big help :fro:

ok well i had it spare so i dnot see how it is pointless and its like my secound cider so im traying to get it rite then im making 5 gallons :ban:

What was in initial gravity? Saemusmac is right in the honey department or at least that has been my experience with honey also. I have found really good results with Molasses again is seems to increase ferment and clearing times.

What was in initial gravity? Saemusmac is right in the honey department or at least that has been my experience with honey also. I have found really good results with Molasses again is seems to increase ferment and clearing times.

dnot have a hydro meter and there is no point having one :rockin:

Back