New American Wheat Tap Handle Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairbanksBrewinNoob

Reaction score
Continuing the series using our dogs in our labels, heres a tap handle label for the delicious wheat beer currently residing in our second keg.

2979400923_cc036f4db3_b.jpg

Not my favorite from the series, but its pretty fun (especially since rory, the beastie in teh label, really is a glutton for punishment).

Here are our tap handles, btw, so you can see how this shape works on the handle.

2815960154_03fe41121f_o.jpg

Damn those are bad ass. I was proud of mine, but those look pro.

How did you do those? Looks like they are permanent. Mine are reusable, the labels are just laminated and I tape them on.

Man again those look good.

Keg%20Fridge_small.JPG

Pretty much the same thing. We reuse our labels too. They are laminated and stuck on with 3M easy off sticky tabs. I just print them at the right size, trim the corners and they are good to go.

BTW, I made the tap handles themselves from a couple of sawed off craft table legs from Michaels and some little craft wood plaques.

Damn those are bad ass. I was proud of mine, but those look pro.

How did you do those? Looks like they are permanent. Mine are reusable, the labels are just laminated and I tape them on.

Man again those look good.

Keg%20Fridge_small.JPG

I can't seem to figure out what is going on in your setup...is that a freezer on top of a freezer?

I can't seem to figure out what is going on in your setup...is that a freezer on top of a freezer?

No it is just a wooden collar that is placed on top of the freezer, This gives me somewhere to drill the holes for the shanks and also allows 2 additional kegs to fit on top of the compressor hump. I sealed it with some silicone and put the lid back on the wood. Wood is a fair insulator so It stays a nice 40 - 44. I'm sure I could go colder if I wanted.

I'm sure there are some articles in the DIY forum about doing this. It is pretty common.

Erick

Back