Secondary Regulator Shutoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juvinious

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody has experienced this, but man this completely frustrating. I thought somebody was tampering with my shutoff switches on my secondary regulator but it seems not. I have a 5 way secondary regulator and one of them continues to switch off every once and while when a pint is pulled after a short period of no use. The PSI is set to 19 on that one to serve a light beer for the bmc drinkers, the main regulator on the bottle is at 30. I thought it was getting beer back in the main line but it's not the case. I can't narrow down the problem, anybody have any insight on this situation? :confused:

Thanks.

I was just looking at your setup (well done by the way), and was curious if the individual barbs on your distributor have turn style shutoffs. If so, are you sure nothing is hitting that one when you shut it? Air line bending up and turning it off by chance?

Shut offs typically have a nut or a screw on the pivot point, perhaps it just needs tightened? Compressors have been known to wiggle your PSI setting off if you don't have the nut tightened on it, so it might something simple like that. Hope this helps!

Oh right I forgot to update the thread with new pics since I got the 5-way regulator. Here is what it looks like now:
IMG_0563.JPG

The one on the left with the red hose is the one that shuts off. Yesterday I moved to using the second reg next to it for now. I pretty much cleared the area there is no way the hose is going back up to shut it off as far as I can see.
Perhaps I need to dial up my primary reg 10 more points? I doubt that is the cause. I'll run it a few more days and see if it happens to the second reg.

It won't hurt to have your primary higher, but don't see that making your secondary turn off. I imagine the knob actually turns to the off posistion? It does look like they have a screw there; Does this on/off turn a lot easier then the others? If it does, then I would try tightening it.

It won't hurt to have your primary higher, but don't see that making your secondary turn off. I imagine the knob actually turns to the off posistion? It does look like they have a screw there; Does this on/off turn a lot easier then the others? If it does, then I would try tightening it.

I'll up the primary then, but yeah I agree on that I don't see that would be the problem.
Yep it's off when the diamond knob is horizontal, vertical for on. In the picture it's currently off. I don't notice a difference between the others and that one. I tried tightening the screw on the knob it's not going to get tighter. I'll continue to monitor it in the coming days as it's now on the second one and see if it happens again.

Latest posts

Back