Masstoberfest 09/20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
OK boys and girls,
we need to pick a day for a Massachusets/Rhody HBT'er get together. Saturday Sept 20th would be a pretty good day for me to have it at my place again. (Barring objections from SWMBO. And as long as I promise "No late night raiding of the moonshine bottle" I can't see why she would object.) It's kismet! The REAL Oktoberfest begins that day! We can do like we did in the spring, everyone brings some food to share, some beer to share, and some laughs to share. Who's in?

That looks like a good day for me. I don't know whether I'll be brewing or just stop by for a beer or two with the family, but I promose to make it out this time!

How cool is that! I may have a friend in from Alaska that same weekend who is coming to dive some New England wrecks with me. If he is here then you and he can go Rock, Paper, Scissors for who gets the couch and who gets the day bed. He may be 70 + years old but I wouldn't want to arm wrestle him for money.

PTN

I've started already today, does that count? Although in my world it is 9:30 pm. Right now I'm finishing up a bottle of Reisling from the Finger Lakes that Alice was opening up last night as I was heading out the door to go to work. Wasn't she nice to leave half of it for me? It's not bad at all.

I don't have a specific timetable for that day yet but you guys know you can show up whenever and it will be cool. Worst case scenario, I'll put you to work stoking the fire, setting the table, icing the beers, cutting down a few 75 foot maples trees, whatever!

Paul

I would like to meet other brewers from MA since I am a new member so I might be able to make this.

I should have an IPA by then my first all grain.

Bring beer if you have something you want to share, don't feel pressured that you need to. We'll accept you into the fold regardless.

(However, if you don't bring beer you need to bring strippers with big taps! Sorry, the local homebrew community made up, and voted unanimously on the rules. I believe the slogan was "Beer or Boobies, Your Choice!")

FWIW, I'll have plenty of beer already there! Not trying to influence you or nuttin'!

Hey Manny,
See ya later, *******! You could have been elected Governor of this state if you weren't such a self-centered buttwad. Maybe Joe Torre doesn't know that you have already buried 64 Grandmothers and will play your game by your rules, but we are done with your act. Say Hi to Brett Farve when you see him at the next gathering of Self Absorbed Asswipe Athletes of the Word. Maybe you and Backward Ramon can get another Red Strip on the floor to keep the reporters away

:off: +1 for that!!!! He's dead to me, right up there with Damon!!

SWMBO found me round trip tickets for $149.00
Is the weekend of September 20-21 written in stone?

You're flying up, Boston? Hell, if you're going to make it, I'll take the drive out. Why don't you kidnap your boy Walker-san and bring him along, too? ;)

You're flying up, Boston? Hell, if you're going to make it, I'll take the drive out. Why don't you kidnap your boy Walker-san and bring him along, too? ;)

You're just dying to suck his dick, aren't you?

I'm so sad that we're going to miss another incredible event at PTN's house! :mad:

Perhaps the big guy and i could make a fleeting appearance early in the day prior to the wedding we are going to that evening.

I'm so sad that we're going to miss another incredible event at PTN's house! :mad:

Perhaps the big guy and i could make a fleeting appearance early in the day prior to the wedding we are going to that evening.

Pfffft! Wedding! It's not yours, is it? Ask Steve at TWB about weddings!

PTN

(However, if you don't bring beer you need to bring strippers with big taps! Sorry, the local homebrew community made up, and voted unanimously on the rules. I believe the slogan was "Beer or Boobies, Your Choice!")

I guess you won't accept my man-boobs...so I will bring some beer. :) I should have some left after my next road (bringing more beer to distant friends in NJ and MD).

I'll be there.

-Will

I might be up for this. Is this a group brew or just a get together? Doesn't really matter because I need to start hanging out with some more brewers either way - my girlfriend and friends are getting tired of my brewing babbling. Plus Stoughton is only 15 minutes away so I don't think I can afford to miss it.

I lived in Stoughton for 7 years. Its a nice town. I live in Cambridge now and would like to attend. I can even offer a ride to anyone in the local area who would like to go as well. Is it an open event?

:mug:

Sorry to not get back to you sooner, I've been away on vacation in the wild north of Maine, where there is no internet.

Yes, it is most certainly open to new friends. Come and meet some of the anonymous voices that you hear here in HBT. So far, everyone I've met thru this forum has been a standup guy. (Or gal.) You'll have fun, eat to contentment and try some great beer. And I won't make you sing any of the German drinking songs, although as the evening progresses you may find yourself doing so regardless.

PTN

Hey Paul,
Well, I think I'll try to attend. I've wanted to make a few of your get togethers, but haven't yet... So, is this a no strippers event?:mad:
Oh well, it will be worth it just to meet Boston finally, and hopefully Melana can make it...

Bird, catch up to me, maybe we could pool there. Otherwise, I expect to see you up at Jester's place...

Out F'ing Standing! I think your very presence alone will cause Melana to ditch the famobs and show up as our Miss Mass Brewerstriper. I, for one, have my breath held. (I tried to run that jive past SWMBO and got absolutley no where. Melana is my last hope.)
Hey Melana, I've got a sign made up an everything! "Miss Mass Homebrew Thang!"
PTN

OK I'm hammered. A wwek without beer makes you a cheap date.

OK boys and girls, I'm back from vacation and so now I can devote some attention to this party. Let the planning commence!

Who's definate? I'll add and/or delete names as needed as an edit function.

1. Me
2. Adigeso
3. JustMrWill
4. Boston
5. the_bird
6. ollllllo (I'm putting the pressure on by listing you.)
7. NoClueBrewmaster
8. Hippy
9. Beergears
10.The Dude 123
11. Drinkswellwithothers
12. Cape Brewing

Back