Peach Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutureBrewer21

Reaction score
Anyone have a tested peach wheat recipe they recommend? newbie here with one brew under my belt so far (kit IPA). Looking to do a peach wheat next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No recipe here (I'll dig around a little) but I want to recommend the Oregon sanitary fruit puree products for making a fruit beer. They come bug-free in a large (40 oz?) can, perfect size for a 5 gal batch.

I plan to do a Pyramid Apricot Weizen clone very soon.

Edit: Ding! Here's one from Brewtopia: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23804

Instead of the ginger peach tea, just brew normally, and then after your yeast is done fermenting your wort in primary, I would add the Oregon peach puree to your primary, let it ferment out for another week, and then carefully rack your beer to a secondary so it can clear a little, then to bottles.

So have you had success adding to the primary? Everything I have read says add flavoring to the secondary. This will only be my second batch so I'm pretty unfamiliar. Thanks for the tips.

Correct, most people say to add to secondary - the trick is that if you wait until the primary is thoroughly done fermenting, then add and wait another week, then you only have to rack once.

The down side is if you wanted to harvest your yeast slurry, it will have fruit in it - that is a good reason to rack to a secondary.

I'm just saying that they accomplish the same result.... most people will say that the "correct" way is to add to secondary, you are right.

I'd recommend not cheaping out with peach extract. I've tried it and it's just not good. The Oregon puree is really expensive but it's the quality way to go. I suppose if you get a deal on fresh or frozen peaches, you could puree yourself.

FutureBrewer21 said:
Anyone have a tested peach wheat recipe they recommend? newbie here with one brew under my belt so far (kit IPA). Looking to do a peach wheat next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a peach wheat recipe that I got from a magazine at home somewhere, it was really good. If you like I'll see if I can find it for you.

Back