Christmas wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfessorWoland

Reaction score
I'm having some pretty good results making wine with good grape juice and oak chips so thought I'd make a small bottle for friends and colleagues as a little stocking filler for Xmas.

I'm ordering so nice Xmas themed bottles from Germany and my plan is to have three one litre demijohns of wine started at the end of September ready for bottling in December (rather than my usual of drinking it in 3 weeks!)

I'd like to make something special and Christmasy, so can anyone suggest spices and other additions (and quantities) to add to each demijohn? I'll be putting them all in one bottling bucket to try and get consistency when bottling time comes.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cardamom tends to be christmassy. Or something piney like juniper berries. Or maybe dry hop the wine with a piney hop for a little bit. Like a grape based hopped mead.

Pulped ginger root and nutmeg or cinnamon could be interesting (gingerbread cookie). Vanilla is Christmasy too and could go well with the grape juice.

Back