Carbonation = lacking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
Bottled 2 weeks ago today put on in the fridge and cracked it and nothing. Flat as it gets. Am I just getting antsy or do I have reason to worry that my 5gal batch of APA isn't carbing.

For the most part you need to wait 3 weeks @70 degrees for adequate carbonation. If you wait 4 weeks it would be even better.

Yeah, I would wait a couple weeks before judging it.

Did you remember to stir your bottling bucket? If you didn't stir, you could have uneven distribution of priming sugar in your bottles, which means some could be undercarbed and some overcarbed.

Lastly, it can take a couple days for the CO2 to settle during refrigeration. If you simply put a bottle in the freezer for 40 minutes, it is not going to have the same pour as if you had let it sit for a day or two in the fridge.

What temp has it been sitting at the last 2 weeks? If you keep your house cool, that'll slow it down quite a bit.

The cabroy abotu 3 feet away says 69/70, This is the first time it hasn't been at least moderately carbonated after 2 weeks. I don't stir the bucket I put the priming sugar mix in the bottling bucket first and allow the transfer from the secondary to stir it. I put that beer in the fridge at 8 in the morning so it was in there all day.

Back