What'd ya get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
Post your haul!

From SWMBO:

Thermapen
Seasons 1, 2, and 3 DVD of Drawn Together
Chocolate-covered coffee beans (I'm trippin' right now!)

Time to go watch Wall-E with the kids. :D

We just refied our house down to 5%
I got a solid jorb
SWMBO might be pregnant.....

so yes a lot more debt

Two feet of snow and five days without power.

And about 10 cords of you-cut-it firewood for next year.

food_slicer.jpg

no more expensive lunch meat for me. I've got a 5 pound tenderloin in the smoker now with the prime rib for tonight. It's going to be sliced and bagged 1/2 pound at a time and what i don't use now will get frozen.

This thing has a 4.4 out of 5 rating from 67 ratings at cooking.com

my sister, who is a chef, gave it to me.

so far, a set of wheels, a pair of racing boots, and today, a new customer that will likely be bringing many friends of his to me as customers.

a dell mini-12 a canon sx110is and a shirron wort chiller. granted i bought them all in the guise of xmas and birthday presents ;-)

SWMBO went to Bevmo.
talked to the manager.

Hooked me up with lambics and other belgian goodness.
and pajamas.

she is a girl after all. A really smart and sexy one.

:)

Well with half of Christmas over (parents house tomorrow) I ended up with, a few books, a bottle of Chimay and Rouge's Imperial Pilsner, iTunes gift card, and an immersion chiller! The best gift was just being able to spend the day with my kids and seeing their faces this morning!

I do need email Forrest though, the sink adapter for the chiller was missing, no big deal sure they packed a lot of boxes this year!

Merry Christmas!!!

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

If it's true, HOT DAMNED for you!

I got a MAN CAVE Gift Card to Home Despot. Brew shed on it's way!!!

Best gift was SWMNO saying kegged beer was a GOOD Thing!!!!:mug:

Well, I should say, being the breadwinner in the house, I'll be the one paying for it, but it's MINE!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

7 gallon glass carboy (i bet you guys are sick of hearing about this)

2 gallon self fridgeing and pressureixing keg (my cuzin made it and i plan on filling it soon)

Filter setup

200 dallors in giftcards

A bullet proof sweatshirt (note i have no reason for a bullet proof sweat shirt, i do own a motorcycle so a kevlar sweat shirt is nice)

2 other very heavy sweat shirts

5 gallons worth of 12oz bottles

A new hand capper

two gross of caps

a dust buster

a set of 3 beer glasses

a twelve pack of 22oz'ers of a Winter White HB... im not a beer drinker and this **** is god

Two packs of high ABV brewing yeast

And best of all two hours bottling 8 gallons of my uncles home brew and talking brewing (note this is where the winter white came from, its not conditioned yet but he had an ealier batch he liked so much he made a second and we bottled today and i got some as a gift)

Thats the whole hual, i know im spoiled

Cheers

Items of interest include a new Utilikilt, 1 TB external hard drive, Rodenbach Grand Cru, Saison DuPont, Rogue 2007 Old Crustacean and tickets to see Martin Sexton in MA.

- Some great books, one of sausage recipes
- GPS mount for the ATV
- Snowplow for the ATV
- 2 portable beer serving faucets
- 2 weeks off with the kids and wife
- SS beers from a great person in SoCal
- 5 gallons of freshly kegged IPA

I'm a lucky guy.

Clothes (Always a bonus)
My brew kit (got that early) ;)
Wife took a trip to Cabo (as her early xmas gift)

Daughter got some littlest petshop stuff, and a Wii (modded) from Santa ;) and a few other things.
Oh yeah, I too got lots of debt for Xmas too.
-Me

Meh...The only reasonably interesting and beer related was the book The Brewmaster's Bible from my Nephew (he's the one that makes contest winning wines, and was for 2 years the vintner of his homebrew/winemaking club. It's funny he got me a beer book, because I got him The Idiot's Guide to Opening Your own Winery.

Everything else was just money...so I'm buying my own prezzies this weekend. I'm finally going to get an immersion chiller, and a bunch of smaller toys.

Meh...The only reasonably interesting and beer related was the book The Brewmaster's Bible from my Nephew (he's the one that makes contest winning wines, and was for 2 years the vintner of his homebrew/winemaking club. It's funny he got me a beer book, because I got him The Idiot's Guide to Opening Your own Winery.

Everything else was just money...so I'm buying my own prezzies this weekend. I'm finally going to get an immersion chiller, and a bunch of smaller toys.

You dont have an immersion chiller??!! Holy cow man, of ALL PEOPLE!!!

Oh yeah, I forget you have a tendency to stick your arm into the wort. ;)
-Me

You dont have an immersion chiller??!! Holy cow man, of ALL PEOPLE!!!

Oh yeah, I forget you have a tendency to stick your arm into the wort. ;)
-Me

Well living in a loft with no yard I tend to limit myself to small batch AG brewing, I have no place to do full volume 5 gallon boils (or doing extract with grain)...I JUST bought a turkey fryer last month...but that's got to be taken elsewhere for me to use, like group brews and such, and usually I've borrowed someone's IC then.

And I've really never been comfortable with using one with long hoses running in my tight kitchen....I can see all manner of accidents happening. But one of the Michigan Mashers showed me a trick using an IC, and Bucket of Icewater and a pond pump, that I would feel comfortable using in the kitchen.

So I figured it's about time..

I got a 12 pack of 16 oz mugs from Pub Decor... pretty cool, they're all different, so now mu collection is 20+ mugs with no duplicates! Not bad for maybe 2 months of collecting.
My son and his wife gave me a new laptop at Thanksgiving that is a Christmas/Birthdayf/Father's Day gift.

Gotta admit, I was hoping that as unlikely as it was, what with business being what it has been lately, that my work would give me a bonus that would cover some new disconnects and taps for my kegs, but that didn't happen.

Best part of Christmas was the joy of my 5 grandchildren though. Best Christmas I've ever had!

I got some Carhartt Bibs, some awesome Sorel boots......yep...I'm ready to brew in the garage when it's -5!

Brewing stuff:
$50 Northern Brewer gift card
Keg kit from midwest
Barley Crusher
12-pack leinenkugel sampler (It was a gift!) I asked for craft beer :O

Other:
Both John Hodgman Books
Gift cards out the A$$
clothes
furniture
kitchen stuff.

I got some Carhartt Bibs, some awesome Sorel boots......yep...I'm ready to brew in the garage when it's -5!

I am thrilled with my near 12 year old Carhart Artic wear coat and bib. Very much worth the price.

Sounds to me like all you need now is a beard and you've nearly met all the requirements for a pro brewer. :cross:

I got a package of Pepsodent toothpaste, an LED flashlight, Axe deodorant spray, a bottle of cold medicine, a chocolate orange, a box of cordial cherries, six pairs of socks, a generic Rubiks cube and a book of puzzles.

It's the thought that counts, right?

Mostly money!:ban:

Everything else was brewing or beer related, such as:
A customized long-sleeved tee shirt like this.
Yard ornaments that hold your pint glass or a wine bottle in your seat next to you.
Two nice growlers like this and a certificate for two refills from a local brewpub.

The wife & I did get someone their first homebrewing starter kit! :D My wife's daughter has been pretty serious with this guy for some time now and he's pretty much become family. He had been giving serious thought to brewing with a buddy of his and has been helping me brew the last 4-5 sessions so that he could learn. The only thing he had on his Christmas list was a homebrew kit. Looks like he wants to go all grain from the get-go!

SWMBO purchased ingredients for a nut brown and SWMBO Slayer:mug:

also recieved tickets to Pat Dailey playing in Columbus in January
Being born and raised around the Great Lakes, this is one of my fav.s.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHUayJm05U]YouTube - PAT DAILEY @ ROCKIN ON THE RIVER 7-3-2008 "Great Lakes Song"[/ame]

Then there's this.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfv-hMXzPD0]YouTube - PAT DAILEY @ ROCKIN ON THE RIVER "Father's last Words"[/ame]

beer related:
Barley Crusher 15 lb hopper
40 pounds of 2 row
20 pounds crystal #20
20 pounds crystal #120
2 pounds cascade leaf hops
a **** load of dry yeast.

and some other non brew related stuff I dont recall what at the moment:drunk:

Back