The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Wow that has a kick, its too heavy for me" (APA).

"It tastes like coffee, and looks like motor oil. I cant drink something I cant see though" (Stout)

"I cant handle that buddy.. it tastes like Moose Piss", (IPA) - side note.. ive never had moose piss, but im sure it doesnt taste like IPA or I would have a moose.

Light Rye Ale that finished .004. "That is just too sweet"

Apfelwine that was 10 months old "It taste like pure alcohol"

oooooooo i wish it was legal to murder tards, My friends roomate buys old Milwaukee light or something like that because its the cheapest beer, and apparently is the greatest tasting beer. its so funny watching him after every time he takes a swig the look on his face is just hilarious. its like he just took a shot of gin. I brought some wit beer with me, me and 2 others where enjoying those all night.(3 gallons worth, i really need 10 Gal equipment) any way he wouldn't eaven try the beer becouse it was "white and had foam on it that lasted too long", he also claimed that white beer is a girls drink, and only girls drink white beer.
laughed a long time after hearing that.

The only time iv been able to get him to drink my homebrew was when i poured my a Alt beer into a ceramic stein and told him it was budweiser. After that day he always says he never had bud that was so good then the one he had at my dorm room. So sad

I've been told my home brew is 'smooth' and doesn't give that AWYUUUUK reaction when you take a swig of Bud. Eg my beer is not 'barfy'. I guess that is a nice compliment!

Someone tried my IPA and told me it was too bitter for an IPA. I was given a lecture on how IPA's should taste. Good stuff!!

I've also had people ask me if they can try my beer once it cools off. The reason it needed to cool off was because I had just started the boil...

Just switched to kegging and have a Marzen, Scottish Wee 80/- and a Porter carbed and ready. Bunch of in-laws will be over. Not sure what the reactions will be since some actually know about and like good beer and others think beer is evil.

Anyone ever caught people mixing BMC with their homebrew? I see that at parties sometimes. That and I'll find half-empty bottles hidden in corners. Who knows, maybe my beer really does suck. But for chrissakes, just pass it over to me if you don't want it!

That's the one good thing about kegging. I can pour people shots of beer when they refuse to believe that they won't like it.

40 year old drinking buddy:
"Leave some in the bottle? F that, ill chew that crap if I have to"

Sidenote:
At the end of the night, in a complete drunked stupor, he did in fact, "chew that crap". He emptied all the bottles (about 15-20) into one large glass and drank/chewed all of our sediment.

:D:D:D:D

This one got me laughing pretty hard. I can just picture it too. Mainly because I been there before (not with yeast but a ball wasbi...)

Not tasting related, but an otherwise stupid comment. My conversation with some girl at our summer BBQ in Ithaca.

me - "here, would you like to try my wheat beer? It has a nice citrus taste"

her - "oh, sorry, but I can't drink beer. I am a vegetarian.

me - "whaat??!!"

She looks at me like I have two heads, than says: "Ya, don't you know? Beer is made from fish!"

I hate Ithaca.

logo2.gif

trout_label.jpg

They are a local brewer in the PNW, and not knowing any better when I was 19 and my parents offered me a beer, I asked the dumb question... "So does it taste like salmon?" My older brother just laughed at me.

I now know better. :cross:

From a first time homebrew taster and avid BMC drinker with a Grand Cru that turned out tops IMO...

"Wow that tastes like a DIRTY SOCK"

I took the criticism well, But I didn't have it in me to ask how he knew how a Dirty Sock tasted:D

I've also had people ask me if they can try my beer once it cools off. The reason it needed to cool off was because I had just started the boil...

Wow that bear has some major head retention. Its been there for hours (referring to the Krausen in my carboy)

Both of those are classics! Love it!

So I gave a buddy of mine some bottles of the RIS888- I asked him if he drank any yet and he said no he was think of using it to marinate some chicken. What a dick

The one I hate the most is..."Not Bad"

Of course it is not bad. If it was bad I wouldn't give you one.

To me it implies that they were expecting it to be bad and they were surprised when it wasn't.

The one I hate the most is..."Not Bad"

Of course it is not bad. If it was bad I wouldn't give you one.

To me it implies that they were expecting it to be bad and they were surprised when it wasn't.

I usually only get the "Not Bad" after I have sex with a girl. Hey at least she didnt want her 20mins back. lol

I have 2 because I gave Robust Porter out at Christmas. .

This comment came for my Dad so I let it slide but it was difficult.
Dad - "Is this ale or regular beer?"
Me - (Gasp) "Ale."
Dad - "I thought so."

I always thought that he was educated on beer (not as much as us but generally educated). I guess not! (Regular beer Sheesh).

Coworker
Tim - "Do you make anything like a Pilsner, because if the Porter was this good I bet the Pilsner would be outstanding."
Me - "Um I make an American Pale Ale" I didn't tell him that it is as hoppy as an IPA
(A few minutes Later in the same conversation)
Tim - "What is a Black an Tan"
Me - "Guinness and Bass"
Tim - "I don't like Bass"

logo2.gif

trout_label.jpg

They are a local brewer in the PNW, and not knowing any better when I was 19 and my parents offered me a beer, I asked the dumb question... "So does it taste like salmon?" My older brother just laughed at me.

I now know better. :cross:

My mom's a beer snob and I was lucky enough to get a keg of their organic amber for my high school graduation party. I must admit, none of the kids there wanted to drink it, maybe that's why she got it!

I was at a party last night with good friends. One of whom will not drink anything (I mean anything) except a standard Budweiser.

He'd heard I've been brewing for a while and wanted to try something I'd brought (I always haul a rolling cooler of HB with me to parties).

I decided to give him a basic English Pale Ale (Standard Bitters) because it was the mildest, least hoppy beer I'd brought. Now here's a guy who refers to Dos Equis is one of those "heavy" beers. Once I gave him a bit of a recipe rundown on the EPA and told him what to expect in up front taste, aroma and lingering bitterness, he took a slow swig. Took another. One more sip and and proclaimed that it was not only good...it was damn good beer.

We proceeded to share three more 22 ouncers of the EPA and he was thoroughly surprised/impressed. He eventually got to singing the praises to everyone else at the party and making a big deal of it.

Ironically it was less a surprise to him that he was enjoying a homebrew, as he was enjoying a beer that was the color of a penny. He never imagined he could drink something "dark" like that and enjoy it.

I consider the night a success.

...though I did achieve a big "fail" when I asked him to try my smoked porter... ;)

The girlfriend of a buddy of mine took a glass of my homebrew and started siping on it. She said "This is REALLY good... It won't make me drunk will it?"

Then, on a big family camping trip I was hanging out at another campsite and my nieces boyfriend offered me a can of Budwieser. It was getting pretty hot and close to beer time anyway... And my beer was a couple of hundred feet away, so I took one.

My 18 year old son said "You aren't really going to drink that are you?"

That's probably the only BMC beer I've had in 2 years.

Stupidest thing i've heard is "yeah this is ok but can you make coors light?"

So I gave a buddy of mine some bottles of the RIS888- I asked him if he drank any yet and he said no he was think of using it to marinate some chicken. What a dick

My dad keeps making this comment about the Hot Chocolate Stout I gave him... Saying he should use it to make his "venison in guinness" recipe.

Uh, Dad...I don't think that's such a great idea. You should probably taste it first.

I only give my beers to people who I know will appreciate them. My BF since elementary school drank like 5 of my heavy-wisse's one night

him: "Dood, I'm f**ked up"
me: "that was the goal"

I brought 2 gallons of apfelwine to a party

them: "Wow! this is good! did you put vodka in this?"
me: "no, but I put honey in it"
them: "It's not sweet at all"
me: "the yeast fermented it out into alcohol"
them: "thats gross" *puts drink down"

ignorance is bliss.

My dad keeps making this comment about the Hot Chocolate Stout I gave him... Saying he should use it to make his "venison in guinness" recipe.

Uh, Dad...I don't think that's such a great idea. You should probably taste it first.

Ah, it's all dark, so what's the difference? :D

I had dinner with some business partners at the Granite City Brewery when the waitress came by for drink orders.

Larry: I'll have a Coors Light.
Waitress: We don't sell commercial beers. We only sell what we make.
Larry: What do you have that tastes like Coors Light?
Waitress: Water.

I think she brought him a Pale Ale or something. Then Larry asked for a glass of ice and poured the beer over ice. Larry's a pig. I cant take him anywhere.

I had dinner with some business partners at the Granite City Brewery when the waitress came by for drink orders.

I think she brought him a Pale Ale or something. Then Larry asked for a glass of ice and poured the beer over ice. Larry's a pig. I cant take him anywhere.

Wow that is gross like adding water to Scotch.

I'd be pissed if a waitress said something like that to me, but it's sure as hell funny when it happens to someone else.

Christmas time last year, I shared one of my first All Grain Lagers with my brother who was in town for the holiday. It was a Sam Adam's Boston Lager clone that I found online somewhere, wish I could find the recipe again - it turned out much better than regular Sam Adam's Boston Lager, but anyway...

So this was one of the first All Grain Lagers I ever made, and it turned out fantastic and I was really proud of it and excited to share. Poured him a big 20oz Pilsner glass of it, beautiful head, crystal clear with perfect color, wonderful aroma - hand it to him and he tastes it so I'm standing there eagerly anticipating hearing how wonderful this beer is and he says "hmmm... Its ok, but I don't like Pale Ales". I was totally like "Pale Ale? WTF?"

Totally poked a hole in my beer balloon, it was a lager not an ale and the fermentation was really clean - not a bit of estery taste, just amazing crisp lager taste, the only thing I can figure is that it was a pretty hoppy tasting/smelling beer and it had a pretty strong Tettnanger aroma and was dryhopped with some Hallerttau Mittlefruh in the secondary and while Lagering -- I guess that hop aroma threw him a curve ball and made him think "Pale Ale" for some reason.

Today we were talking about beer and homebrewing at work.

Somebody mentioned that they didn't like "dark beer" cause it was just the stuff from the bottle of the barrel anyways!!!

So today I tell my mother that the 14+ pounds of honey that she gave me was going to be made into mead next month.

She says "that sound like it would be gross"

me: "What is gross about it?"
her: "alcohol made from honey, it sounds like it would be way too sweet"
me: "Mom, the mead I plan on making will actually be quite dry. All alcohol has sugar in before it is fermented. The yeast turn the sugar into alcohol"
her: "thats gross, I wouldn't drink that"
me: "????MOM......... nevermind"

AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

I wanted to explain (again) that ALL alcohol is made this way, even the nasty ass rolling rock she already drinks. But, I gave up on it.

That right there is some funny ****, I don't care who you are!

Latest posts

Back