tree fell on my car!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
well, rain or shine i was going to get back to brewing after a 3 or 4 week break because i had other plans. i still have to brew on the weekends, i dont think i could bust out all grains after work and still get to bed at a decent time, haha.

anyway, i'm in Louisville, KY and we had a ton of wind yesterday. anyway, my girlfriend is moving in, i had to move my brewing to the garage because of the wind so i parked my car out front. looking back...bad idea...my 2006 Mustang GT got the brunt of a very large tree limb, maybe 12" in diameter. its still driveable, hood, windshield, drivers side fender, drivers side power mirror are toast, front bumper and hood have some minor scratches and dents. the A-piller also has some dints, but not that bad. i'll update later with pictures, but as of this morning we dont have power at the house, and my only connect to the internet is at work.

i was in the middle of batch sparging when it happened, so my sparge water was in the mash for well over 3 hours, didnt bother checking what the temp dropped. who knows what the beer will come out like, haha. its my 4th all-grain, and i was hoping to use this one as a way to really check what kind of Eff i was getting.

Bummer man. Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you have some chainsaw work ahead. I hope you have insurance to cover it.

You could name your beer "Big Woodie Mustang Ale" though. :D

Was this a SMaSH ale...sorry just could not resist. Sorry to hear that about the car. Like Ed said, hope you have Ins.

haha, SMaSH ale and old woodie mustang ale both sound fitting. yeah insurance should cover it, go pick up a steller rental tomorrow morning. sure it'll be awesome, haha. considering i'm going on a long road trip back home this weekend, at least my rental should get better MPG!

We got the wind in NY too. We still don't have power and won't until late tomorrow night. I had to fire up the generator to keep the beer fridge cold. I think we got lucky since we didn't have any real damage. It sounded like the roof was coming off the house and they say the wind was only blowing 50mph. I can't imagine what it was like in Texas.

I lived right outside Louisville for a year. Tons of crazy storms. One of them left us without power for a week. We started the generator when the power went out, and 12 hours later we hear BOOM! clunk clunk clank Damn generator blew a rod out the side of the engine. But it waited just long enough to ensure that all the stores had sold and rented all of their generators.

Bummer +1 Had major wind here three years ago. Lost 25% of my trees upslope, but nothing close to the house.

we are still without power, they are saying 10-14 days. if its this bad here, Texas must suck now! i'll post pic's when i can, we just got internet here at work again. the only plus side my boss sent me to the Ryder Cup practice yesterday afternoon. if the boss says you have to go, i guess you HAVE to go, haha.

Sorry about your car. :(

I'm probably just a few miles away from you. That was some crazy wind. Didn't lose any trees here, but there are walnuts EVERYWHERE. One of 'em hit me in the elbow hard enough to cause a bruise.

Back