Chest Freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eskimo Spy

Reaction score
I read a few threads about this, but I was wondering; since I mainly brew IPA's, stouts and hefe's, should I go with a chest freezer or a fridge? I usually brew two batches staggered, so I need room for two primaries or carboys. Thanks!

Keezer=lots of space. You can also have regular taps or towers. Ideally its what I would get if I could.

So, you can ferment higher temp stuff in a keezer (like 65-70 degree)? Okay, sounds good to me, I guess I need that and a fine temp controller, which was recommended in another thread. Thanks again, and go Dallas Stars!

Well you can ferment in the chest freezer if you get that temp controller. I thought you meant for dispensing but ya that will work. And in reference to what you posted earlier. NO GOAL! I read some where it ranked in the top 5 worst calls of all time. But in reality Dallas was a better team that year.

I certainly prefer a keezer for my kegs, but as a fermentation chamber, a frige has some advantages. Easier to lift carboys in and out (I use glass), and freezer storage for hops and adjuncts.

Hhmmmm, good point about the freezer part of it, nice to keep the brew stuff all together, I hadn't thought about that. Is a standard sized top freezer/bottom fridge typically big enough to store two carboys?

At least. I dont have mine up and running but I think I could get 3 may be 4 in there. Also depends on shelving etc.

Back