Hands down, best hefe ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Went to a brauhaus in Germany today. Wallhall. Unbelievable. Easily the best Hefeweizen I've ever had. So smooth, so banana, a hint of kiwi. SOOOOO GOOOOD. Also, they sold me some malts for my own brewing, I got 25kg of pils and wheat for 60 euro total. That's like 80 bucksish for 110 pounds? Well here's some images of the malt they sold me and the growlers they package some beer for me in. Enjoy.

wallhall.jpg

7564-malts.jpg

I tried to find out. I was like "hefe ist weihenstaphen?" and they said yea, but I'm not sure they understood me. I'm not sure other folks would pull the kiwi flavor but its something I said after tasting and others agreed.

I'm gonna get the yeast from the bottom of the growlers hopefully and try and reproduce their beer. it really is better than any hefe I've had, and I've had a lot over here.

You asked if it was Weihenstephan yeast and they said "Ja".

If you would have said "wie Weihenstephan" then that means "like Weihenstephan".

I think they understood you. It's Weihenstephan.

Im welcher stadt ist dieser Brauhaus? :confused: :confused:

Sweet! My old stompin ground, but I never heard of the brewery. You scored on the malt! What did it cost you? Prosit!

seefresh said:
IN Bruchsal, Germany. Not far from Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Mannheim, that area.
If you get to Seckenheim (outside Mannheim) there's a gasthaus in town galled the Golden Engel. The owner is Jakob. I've known him for years. He purchased my fart machine from me then a couple years later asked for another one.

seefresh said:
I tried to find out. I was like "hefe ist weihenstaphen?" and they said yea, but I'm not sure they understood me. I'm not sure other folks would pull the kiwi flavor but its something I said after tasting and others agreed.

I'm gonna get the yeast from the bottom of the growlers hopefully and try and reproduce their beer. it really is better than any hefe I've had, and I've had a lot over here.

I thought most german breweries remove the original strain of yeast and replace it with lager yeast so that is keeps (wheat yeast is prone to autolysis apparently).

Maybe since you got the beer direct from the brewery its meant for immediate consumption and the yeast hasn't been substituted.
Anyway just something for you to be aware of seefresh

Back