• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Older Hops For Sale/ For Free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerhead

Reaction score
Hey so it's been a long time but I'm finally back in the game. I haven't brewed in about two years but I finally started to move my stuff up to school in boston and I am planning to get my next batch going again sometime next week.

With that said, I just looked in my freezer and found a whole bunch of hops that I have had and never used. They are all rolled up in mylar bags and then vacuum sealed in a clear plastic bag so I have high hopes about them still being good, even if some of the AA% has dropped off a tad.

Here are the hops in question, all of them are pellets except the last, and they are all organic, and from the 2007 harvest:

German Hallertaur Hershbrucker
AA% 4.1
2lbs

German Spalt Select
AA% 6.2
1lb

New Zealand Hallertau
AA% 8.7
1lb

German Perle
AA% 8.5
1lb

Belgian Admiral (whole leaf)
AA% 14.78
1lb

Therefore, I am willing to pass the find off to anyone else that wants some. What I would like to to is open a bag or two at a time and just give a bunch out to whomever is local (Boston) and then potentially trade the other bags for some items, whatever you have that you think would be appropriate. (corny's, bottle caps, yeast strains, whatever)

My plan is to open up the German Hallertau Hershbrucker for my first batch and try and use a couple of oz of that just pumping out Hefe's for the next few weeks or so then crack open the next bag which would be the Belgian Admiral. I would like to trade the rest if possible.

Also if you would like to trade i can ship but not in airtight bags as i do not have a foodsaver. And lastly the weights are just an approx. cause about an oz has been taken out of each bag. Let me know!

Certainly, however I am not trying to split up the perle, spalt or NZ Hallertau since they are already vacuum sealed and I don't want to open them.

Send me a PM and let me know what you want, and I'll tell you what I can do. Also if you had anything you might want to get rid of or send my way that would be appreciated!

Let me know when you open up the Belgian admiral. I'm sure I have something to trade.

I have wanted to do some spontaneous brew experiments and need old hops for it so I would be down for some. I would throw you some bucks + shipping for the lower AA stuff.

I still have the NZ Hallertau, Spalt, and I just cracked open the German Hallertau if anyone is interested in any of those.

I still have the NZ Hallertau, Spalt, and I just cracked open the German Hallertau if anyone is interested in any of those.

I will take the Hallertau if still available. I want to make a Lambic and need some low AA hops. How much is shipping to 80202

Sorry I just started a new job this week and things are pretty busy, I do have the spalt left if you want them

Ok the NZ Hallertau is the last bag standing if anyone wants it. Also anyone local feel free to contact me about getting some of the German Hallertau or Belgian Admiral if you want some

where in/around Boston are you? in the city itself? I'm possibly interested in some of the hops if i can get to you conveniently.

Back