Brewstand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

November

...relax...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It still needs a bit of tweaking, but I just ran a test run with the pump and it all seems to work without leaks. This is the new brewstand. The welding was fun, I haven't welded in 10 years and it took a little getting used to again but all in all it worked out well.

I made it to incorporate most of my existing equipment to keep the cost down. I still plan on batch sparging, this will just take some of the lifting out.

100_1396.jpg

Yeah, it was a little wiggly, last night I welded 4 short angle pieces onto the frame of the burner. That made it a lot more secure. Next up, I have to wire in a switch for the pump.

That BK looks a little precarious on that burner.

I always think that when I see pictures like these but it's always so hard to tell if it really is unstable. I'm glad you were able to fix it. The stand looks good. Nice and neat.

When it had weight in it, it wasn't too unstable but it didn't have much of a margin for any movement. The fix took me about 10 minutes of cutting and 10 minutes of welding, and now it can't move. Also for an added measure, I have bolts to mount the bottom of the burner to the frame of the brewstand. As much as I have been taking this thing on and off, I haven't mounted those yet though. Now I just have to pretty it up a little bit.

100_1399.JPG

Back