Electric heating element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nediver

Reaction score
I want to add and electric heating element to my brew kettle for faster boils. I use propane on the stove top and I would prefer to stay inside, but don't want to go full electric. I would like to get a 120v element since I just want to plug into a countertop gfci.

Can anyone give me a commercial suggestion and also a way to plumb into my kettle?

Thanks

If you're heating directly then you probably won't be able to mount directly to the kettle, you'll likely melt the gasket you use to seal the element or even melt the insulation on the wires. I think a heatstick is your only option if you want to continue to direct fire.

After all this if you still want to mount an element in your kettle then bargainfittings has a locknut and gasket that you can use.

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_38&product_id=95

You can also take a look at kal's Electric Brewery for some ideas here.

Latest posts

Back