Question for a Hop Grower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly1863

Reaction score
I found several bines that were growing up my windmill. We picked 3 five gallon buckets of them and dried them on screens. We haven't froze them yet. I wonder if it is too late to use them? They were picked in late Sept and have been kept in our 100% dark cellar to dry out. Thanks.

If the hops were dry and in a cool place they should be fine.
Of course, you can make a tea and taste them or just smell them for smell of decay-- but hops spend weeks outta the freezer and are still very usuable

Thank you. I just vacuum packed some of them. I was a bit concerned because it crushes them so much. I froze some and still debateing on what to do with the rest. They smell wonderful! Thanks for the quick response.

you could vacuum pack them and send them to me here in Arizona for study purposes.

just kidding, you could always offer them up to other brewers who would love some mystery hops

Latest posts

Back