5 days into First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrysbooze

Reaction score
Have a True Brew Amber sitting in a 5 gal Carboy in my apartment, it has been in this primary for 5 days. Seems to have stopped fermenting. I will probably wait a week and bottle it then leave it for 3 weeks or so.

Got a lot of help from the guys on this website. I was really freaking out because everything was telling me different information! I have 2 different books on it and the user manuals and stuff all say different info every time. So I posted in the beginners section that I had some questions and people had different opinions about what to do, but they explained whY!

So I understood better why it won't hurt to let it ferment for 3 weeks and that will be a safer bet than to bottle it up too soon.

This way I really got a feel for why they say i should let it ferment for much longer and why I should not worry and just relax about it!

Hopefully in the future I will have great knowledge and expertise like the guys on this site.

Thanks!

Keep reading here on HBT and a great source of supplementary info is BYO and Zymurgy magazines, as well as other brewing books, Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher has been my favorite so far. In a couple of months you'll be very knowledgeable.

Welcome and brew on!:mug:

Who needs books when you have HBT! I do agree that Radical Brewing is a great book for picking up on new techniques and ideas. Definately get a subscription to BYO as well. Good stuff in there! I think over the past year or so I have amassed a library of over 15 books regarding beer, wine, and mead making. There's so much to learn. But it's good to know that you have everyone on HBT waiting to give you their 2 cents regarding questions/ideas you might have regarding a batch. Best of luck to you!

Back