Have you ever made a beer so good...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then the terror sets in that maybe you did something while brewing it, on accident, that you'll never be able to duplicate again... :D

Oh Yeah! My first batch of Bent Rod Rye was hopped exclusively with leftovers. Seven hops, 1/4 or 1/2 ounce each. Got it written down, but I think the aging of the hops made a difference and I can't duplicate that.

I threw together a batch and it was freaking great. I did it again and it was the worst tasting thing in the world. Go figure.

Pliny the Middle Child

I just posted the official recipe if anyone would like to try it out. Named because it is the third best IPA I have ever had after Pliny the Younger and Elder and the White Knuckle double IPA.

If anyone makes it, let me know. I just brewed up another version (v.2.0) with a slightly different grain bill, little different hopping (read easier) and lighter in color (like the Younger). I think I will aim for less color in the next run, but one step at a time.

It must be in the water...the quest for the Pliny that is.

I'm sipping my first proper glass of my Tits-Up IIPA modeled after Pliny. Dead ringer and at just under 9%, 101 IBU's and 5 ounces of dry hopping for 2 weeks....it is heaven.

Before I went AG I had a PM IPA that blew people away. Alas My hard drove died and buy buy recipe. I swear I had it written in a book but could never find it. I think someone broke into my house, stole the recipe and wiped my drive.

I do remember dry hopping with Columbus..

I know a brewer that decided to just wing it and didn't record any of the grains. A handful of this, a scoop of that... It was his best beer ever.

Latest posts

Back