Traveling to Dallas Need Some Beer Stops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
I am going to be in Dallas May 17 to 21 for work and staying at the Hotel Indigo downtown. Any cool places within walking distance to go for some beers? Maybe a brewpub or something similar? Not really looking for a club just a restaurant\bar type place. We could cab it or Uber also but probably don't want to get to far from the hotel.

Going to go to Rush at the AA Center on Monday night, any place within walking distance of the arena we could go for beer before the show?

On a side note, is something going on that week in Dallas, hotels are booked or very high priced. Flights are full.

Mike

Closer to the AAC (though not essentially walkable) is my favorite beer bar, Meddlesome Moth.

Close to your hotel is BrainDead Brewpub. It's new but the service isn't that great, but they should finally have their own beers on tap by then.

If you want to go a little further out, I'd go to The Common Table, another favorite of mine.

My guess is that the beginning of summer is causing everyone to book tickets.

DM me if you have any other questions.

Peticolas should be doing a tour that Saturday. It's definitely not walking distance, but I've always enjoyed the beer.

I'll second a trip to either Meddlesome Moth or the Common Table. Haven't been to BrainDead yet, so I have little to comment on other than I understand the head brewer is the former brewer for Deep Ellum, so that speaks well if the brews are ready.

Second the Meddlesome Moth, and best I remember we walked from Community brewing back to the AA Center to catch a hockey game.......
( yeah, we had to fetch the car @ Community the next morning....)

My Son lives in Dallas.

Deep Ellum Brewery would be a short cab. I second Community. Great brewery. Their Mosaic IPA is outstanding. May be cliche, but the Hooter downtown now has a pretty good craft beer selection. Was there last week before the Zappa Plays Zappa show.

Peticolas, Deep Ellum, and Community for sure, if you're up for a brewery tour. Both Deep Ellum and Community have taprooms now too.

Getting in at 9pm Sunday night. Any place to grab a bite to eat between Dfw and downtown? Don't want to go to far out of the way.

Closer to the AAC (though not essentially walkable) is my favorite beer bar, Meddlesome Moth.

Close to your hotel is BrainDead Brewpub. It's new but the service isn't that great, but they should finally have their own beers on tap by then.

If you want to go a little further out, I'd go to The Common Table, another favorite of mine.

My guess is that the beginning of summer is causing everyone to book tickets.

DM me if you have any other questions.

Here Here on Medlesome Moth, Common Table, and Brain Dead. Blind Butcher has good beer on tap usually too, Anvil Pub in deep ellum seems to have a good selection too if you end up not going to either Brain dead or the deep ellum brewery.

Back