Beer bread and Chili

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Using this recipe: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f56/spent-grain-bread-87486/

A couple loaves with spent grain from an oatmeal stout and then a chili recipe for the slow cooker that my wife found. It's snowing all over the place here in Madison so this is the perfect night for this. The bread's going in the oven in an hour and the chili still needs about that much time too. Can't wait.

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

That looks really good, when I get the hang of the basic recipe I'll give yours a shot. Thanks!

Yea, it turned out great. I'm making loaves of this and giving it out along with bombers of Graff as Christmas presents. I think it'll be a hit. I might also do some garlic infused olive oil to go with it.

Mmm, looks good!

I put a serious hurtin' on a bowl of chili verde the other day that had home smoked hatch chilies. It was great. And then I paid for for it... :D

Found the recipe for the spent grain bread awhile ago and have made it several times, one of my favorite breads now. Actually having some tonight with a smoked, bacon-wrapped pork loin.

Back