SNPA in pop tops now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about as likely to notice such things as I am to notice the "cool-can" lining on silver bullet cans. It's been awhile since I had a SNPA.

You've got homebrew---whatchoodoin drinkin stuff from the store? :D

I thought they were going back to regular (non-twist off) tops.

I guess they're after the fishermen and outdoors types.

Even that nasty Corona doesn't come in cans.

Evan! said:
You've got homebrew---whatchoodoin drinkin stuff from the store? :D

SWMBO and I went out for drinks....first we went and got some Mexican food, and a pitcher of San Gria, then came home :D :D and then went back out again.

Told you everything would be ok!
....and I found I'm going to Orlando with her to watch her play tennis in November.

98EXL said:
SWMBO and I went out for drinks....first we went and got some Mexican food, and a pitcher of San Gria, then came home :D :D and then went back out again.

....and I found I'm going to Orlando with her to watch her play tennis in November.

Glad for you. I went through that about 5 years ago. Sucked really bad.

98EXL said:

Congrats on that, brother. :mug:

Women...can't live with 'em, can't...lock 'em in a cage in the basement until PMS has passed... ;)

Evan! said:
Congrats on that, brother. :mug:

Women...can't live with 'em, can't...lock 'em in a cage in the basement until PMS has passed... ;)

and poke with a stick!?

we aired some ish out last night, it was good to also find out she's just scurrrred of that top 5% of the men out there ;) She just doesn't know what to do with herself :p

Evan! said:
And luckily, you're right there to tell her...gotta stay useful, right? :D

We are both completely in the same boat which neither of us realized until some ball busting over some sangria....and I of course I have to be Captain Obvious

98EXL said:

Glad to hear everything will be ok. So now that the shiz storm has passed..

Did you say she wears one of those tennis skirts when she plays tennis? Or does she wear a regular skirt? Maybe go panty-less?

Whatever she's wearing, you're taking pictures, right? :ban:

she wears cute skirts...but they have the shorts underneath....but I won't be sitting behind her for those great shots like this:

Anna_Kournikova_-_upskirt_tennis_nude_ass_(1).jpg

If you were going to buy some commercial beer and had a choice between SNPA which is twist off, or another similar beer that had pry off tops, which would you, as a homebrewer, buy?

Even though I don't bottle, the fact that I might like to use the beer gun to bottle a few would weigh into my purchasing decision, and I'd likely buy the beer with the pry off tops, just in case.

I really wonder if many microbreweries are returning to pry off to get the business of homebrewers!?:confused:

Orpheus said:
If you were going to buy some commercial beer and had a choice between SNPA which is twist off, or another similar beer that had pry off tops, which would you, as a homebrewer, buy?

Even though I don't bottle, the fact that I might like to use the beer gun to bottle a few would weigh into my purchasing decision, and I'd likely buy the beer with the pry off tops, just in case.

I really wonder if many microbreweries are returning to pry off to get the business of homebrewers!?:confused:

Oye, my rotating stock of empties hovers around 6 cases. I stopped stressing about bottles long, long ago. I used to collect 'em like it was goddamned job, but now, if I bring my brew out to a friend's house or something, the only ones I'll bother to bring back are large format bottles....if it's a 12oz'er, bah, recycle it.

Somehow I doubt that micros are basing their decisions on the relatively small class of homebrewers, though. It's probably got more to do with the cost of bottling.

Orpheus said:

I have been leaning towards pop tops since I started brewing for that reason alone.

Evan! said:
Oye, my rotating stock of empties hovers around 6 cases. I stopped stressing about bottles long, long ago. I used to collect 'em like it was goddamned job, but now, if I bring my brew out to a friend's house or something, the only ones I'll bother to bring back are large format bottles....if it's a 12oz'er, bah, recycle it.

Somehow I doubt that micros are basing their decisions on the relatively small class of homebrewers, though. It's probably got more to do with the cost of bottling.
I'm guessing its more about image. Pop top are seen more as distancing themselves from the twist top BMC beers. After all micro brews come in pop top bottles, right? Same reason that winerys continue to use corks instead of screw tops despite the fact that there appears to be no difference in taste (with the possible exception of high end wines aged for years).
However when I do buy commercial beers, I will usually make sure they are brown pop top bottles, unless there is a good reason not to.

Craig

Back