What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mild. Seems just about fully carbed now (at a whopping 1.5 volumes if you can't tell from the head). If I could only brew two recipes ever again, between this and my Bitter I'd be good to go.

20130827_173518[1].jpg

Wild brown ale sample

image-724608977.jpg

Coming along quite nicely. Should compliment some of my more acidic batches nicely come blending. This is it for samples, I'll go back to ignoring these beers until December at soonest. Although I am quite interested in how my Brett primary BdG dreg project is going. The yeast has coated the sides of the carboy almost completely.

Wild brown ale sample

Coming along quite nicely. Should compliment some of my more acidic batches nicely come blending. This is it for samples, I'll go back to ignoring these beers until December at soonest. Although I am quite interested in how my Brett primary BdG dreg project is going. The yeast has coated the sides of the carboy almost completely.

You have much experience blending?

You have much experience blending?

No. I like to blend while I drink sometimes and blended some NB foudre beers at a fun event, but that's about it. I'll have to rely on my innate genius and incredible palate.

Shiner Bock, while sitting in the hotel, watching TV. I'm so ready to get home and pull a Marshall 5 out of my cellar and brew another batch.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Yeah. And it was a free vial I got from lhbs because it was "expired" made a starter and worked like a charm. It floccs like nothing I've ever seen. Formed little rocks on the bottom of carboy. Totally cleared out in primary.

Thanks. I'll try it next time. I see it sometimes with the expired vials at my LHBS. I usually like to look through them, because I've always had good results just making a larger starter with 1 or 2 expired vials together.

Founders double trouble. Just picked up some hoptimum, resin, outlaw, hop crisis, dragons milk, vipidis lupulus, and sculpin. Getting ready for the three day weekend!

Thanks Jerry! Really good beer, very fruity brett with minimal funk. Wish I had 6 more to see how it develops over time. The cage was twisted about 4 extra times which was a challenge and as soon as I stopped expecting it, the cork rocketed out.

image-1384046564.jpg

Love that meringue head on a brett beer.

Shiner Premium. It's a descent beer. Not really a premium beer, but that's what they call it.

What is funny to me about store bought beer is how old it always tastes.

What a nice glass!

Meh. I have pint glasses from almost every university/college I've visited. I won't buy a glass from Duke. F that place. Ohio State, meh.

224486_10150394093212178_6970507_n.jpg
:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Shiner Premium. It's a descent beer. Not really a premium beer, but that's what they call it.

What is funny to me about store bought beer is how old it always tastes.

Thats the old shiner blonde renamed. Just trying to increase sells. I'm not a fan of the blonde. Others are my cheap go to.

Checking the progression of my Special Harvest Ale. Belgian Golden with Brett.
This is definitely better than the last bottle I opened. There's more Brett character now and the weird taste I wasn't pleased with is subsiding. I'll probably wait another few months to open another bottle.

image-1915949142.jpg

Hey, I think my sarcasm detector is working.

Nope. Obviously don't care about Gordon Biersch, but it's light years ahead of the solo cup and shaker pint. That's a nice shape for pints.

Meh. I have pint glasses from almost every university/college I've visited. I won't buy a glass from Duke. F that place. Ohio State, meh.

I'll have to order a Vandals glass for you whenever I finally need some Ghandi.

mcbaumannerb said:
I believe he was referencing your Gordon Biersch glass... :D

To Gabe there is nothing outside the SEC!

Since when has anything in Knoxville been relevant the last 8 or so years? :D

Even women's basketball. Yes. I went there. :tank:

I believe he was referencing your Gordon Biersch glass... :D

To Gabe there is nothing outside the SEC!

No really, it's a nice shape! Looks like the imperial pints at Tired Hands.

If you think there is better football than the SEC you're fooling yourself even more than people who think they shouldn't be getting paid.

Billy-Klubb said:
I'm gonna bust out my Duke glass & have my Mosaic Rye IPA. Go Duke! Dukie for the win! right Remmy? Go Duke! Yay Remmy & Duke!

Go watch the 1999 national championship and let me know how your brew tastes afterward. :D

Duck Fuke!

Back